Wednesday 13 July 2011

Happy July The 13Th Hump Day !

Wow a Wednesday July 13th, "hump" day!  I will surely have to look forward to a "great" day ahead now, it being the 13th and all.  LOL.  As long as the sun is shining and it is summer, I will be extremely happy with the day at hand.


Today:


A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing near noon. Wind becoming north 20 km/h late this morning. High 23. UV index 8 or very high.


Tonight:


Clear. Low 13.


Look at that, my wish is granted with sunshine and summer temperatures !  Yay !!!!!

My girlfriend, Colleen, and I did get to the Keady Market yesterday morning.  My advice to anyone and everyone is the "early bird" not only catches the worm, he isn't going to be trampled either......  I am certainly glad we got in and out when we did, as by the time we were heading out the "crowds" were shoulder to shoulder.

"Lots of Plant vendors were to be found."




"Fresh vegetables were in abundance."


"People I knew, unaware of me taking their picture.  Hey, Aunt Joy."


"....and bringing up the tailend, there is Tamara & Sidney, doing their own thing.  LOL, had to go to the Market to see them, as it has been some time since I had last seen them."


"Then there are some people you just run into all the time....lol.  Hiya Ralphy Shular.  Isn't he looking pretty "cool" with his top down?"


Lots of good things were at the Keady Market to be had.  Colleen made purchases of smoked pork chops and sausages, a couple of Christmas gifts for her grandchildren, as well as two sets of  Queensize 1200 thread count sheets for a price of $25.00 (I am sure they are seconds, as I purchased a set myself and already washed them, but at $13.00 a set what a steal of a deal), a really flashy bird feeder, and a couple of other items.  I was thrilled with my purchases of the set of sheets, fresh asparagus, a huge head of cauliflower for $2.50, and a large head of broccoli for $1.00. 

It was worth the drive to Keady, however next trip I will be taking Rob along when he gets a Tuesday off, and will be leaving to go there from here at 7:00 a.m., instead of 8:00, before the Tourists are up and out of bed, and the heat of the noon hour is upon us, lol.  A pull along shopping basket/cart or wagon would be an excellent idea for any heavy or an abundance of purchases, as well.

I was "pooped" right out and then some by the time I had dropped off Colleen at her house, and I had returned home myself.  Once I got rested a little bit, I sat myself infront of the flowerbeds along the front of the house and got them weeded out.  Sitting was the order for the rest of my day.

Last night's supper certainly wasn't too creative around here, but I certainly enjoyed my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a Chocolate Yogurt Ice Cream cone!  Not sure what Rob enjoyed, but I am sure he had roused up something in the kitchen for himself.

I have bone-in chicken breasts thawed for tonight's supper, to have along with steamed asparagus, new potatoes, and maybe a broccoli salad.  Yummy, I am so looking forward to that !  I love asparagus !!!

I am thinking my floors are long overdue for a washing, and that "chore" should be on part of my agenda for the day ahead of me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...