Tuesday 4 March 2014

Happy Shrove Tuesday & Happy Surprise

I was busy today.  The day flew by me like there was going to be no tomorrow .....

My brother stopped around first thing to drop off some paperwork for our Mother's taxes that I will take along to our Account.  It was truly nice to have a wee bit of a visit with each however short.

Then it was on to some household chores before I did 30 minutes on the Treadmill.  I fell off the eat sensibly wagon for 3 days, so I had to get back on today.

This afternoon when I was out & about on the Bruce Peninsula I seen some humongous Wild Turkeys.  I wish I would have had my camera with me, but only had the camera on my iphone.  Oh to have been able to zoom in on that big Bird !  At one point today I headed out to the Wood Shed to bring in a few stick of wood along in on the sleigh.  We were right out, so this was a priority on my list today.


This afternoon I made a batch of Cinnamon Chip Cookies for a "special" few I have in mind.  


Once the cookies were all baked, I made a trip over to my neighbour's home, as she needed some help to upload photos from her camera to her computer and attach them to an email to send to a relative overseas.  That did not take me too long whatsoever.  My neighbour was very grateful, and I felt rewarded that I was able to give her the help she needed.  It does feel good to help another, does it not?

Before I had been finished up with the cookies, Rob had popped in for a short time.  He asked me if he could give me my Birthday Gift early as he thought he would not be able to hide it from me, and it is still 12 more days until my Birthday.  I had asked him if it was a puppy that would make lots of noise.  He laughed stating we had enough of those.

I started crying when he handed me a package with a brand new camera in it that we had been looking at just this past Sunday.  What a sneaky guy he is !!!  he was thrilled that he could buy me something that I wanted & he knew I would use.  Not only this he made a wonderful deal where he purchased the new camera, with a 2 year amazing warranty included, the cost of the camera he got  for less then half the regular price.  Way to go again Rob !   I could not be more thrilled as my Fujifilm S4300 is quite worn out after 2 years of very heavy wear & tear I have put the poor thing through (would this surprise anyone who knows me? I think not).  I can not wait to find time to learn all about my new SL1000 !!  


Today is Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Tuesday.  Of course this was a no brainer on what most people were going to make for their Dinners tonight, right?  I made Buttermilk Pancakes that Rob had really enjoyed with a side of crisp bacon.  I had three small one & am stuffed.


Recipe please?  FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

It was not only an eventful day, it was a very happy day.  I have a very thoughtful loving husband (most days then not), and with some very good friends who make my life complete.  What more could a girl hope for? especially a girl who lives, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

10 comments:

  1. A good thing of Rob to give you!

    I had blueberry pancakes for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful gift now you can be more snap happy lol ! Cookies and pancakes look good ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice new camera you got there from your sweet man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift, great husband.
    I worked a split shift at the restaurant today so had a final fling with food for fat Tuesday. Heading off to get on my bike after some more reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very sweet of Rob! (and sneaky too). Forgot we are birthday twins too till I looked it up this morning. Have great day and have fun with that new toy!

    Had eye surgery last week -- recovering well. Thank heaven for baseball caps to protect you from fluorescent lights at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the camera! Mine is an SL300. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Early Birthday and what a wonderful gift - I've sort of noticed that you take a LOT of pictures :) Can't wait to see what you're going to snap now with your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your new camera! What a nice gift from Rob!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...