Monday 2 July 2012

Taking A Back Seat On The Honda

There was plenty to take in this day with commentary to follow tomorrow, as I am totally exhausted at this very moment to carry on any further.  My eyes are burning, my body aching and I can go not much further.....  I must say though my day did start with a very nourishing breakfast, along with my morning coffee.

"Breakfast to start out my morning.  A tart from Cathy's Confections~Unique homemade chocolates and treats.  Very "delish" !  Thanks for sharing your treats with me Vicki."


Okay then, it is now 6:11 am, I am thinking I have had a little bit of sleep, or at least enough I am able to put an explanation with everything.  Here is to hoping I can ....

Our very first stop of the day on the bikes ..... since we had received a phone call earlier this same morning ....

"We dropped around to Chesley Lake were a bunch Rob had transported Saturday night were staying for the Holiday weekend.  This was one happy young man, not to mentioned satisfied "Crabby Cabbie" customer, as Rob was returning his wallet which had dropped out in the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle.  His biggest worry was that his passport he had received the week before was in there .... Whew, was he ever relieved !"


"As we passed this location, I am certain this house could be put on my "dream" list."


"This is Chesley Lake.  Honest there is a Lake over yonder."


"Some pretty nice water lilies I would have loved right there in this ditch."


"There is Doug and Vicki bringing up the rear.  "Hi Vicki ! ". "


"Here we are coming into Allenford."


"Look there, this is where my Cousin Vi's in-laws live.  What a lovely Homestead it is ... another to add to my "Dream" list."


"The farmers taking advantage of the wonderful weather by getting their Hay in."


"I could not believe there were "3" homes almost in a row to add to my "Dream" list."


"Coming up to Alvanley, the crossroads which goes from where we are on Hwy 21 to turn left on the Grey/Bruce Line, taking us right to our front door 20 minutes North."


"Just a bit further up, around the bend, we head into Bruce County's sister County of Grey."


"Owen Sound fast approaching .... "


"Check out the grain fields.  Looking so honey brown, do they not?"


"Springmount approaching here.  Springmount is one of the locations on the Waterfalls of Grey County Tour Guide found HERE."


"Tomboys is very popular store covering every Season for Power Sports."


"Rolling on into Owen Sound from the West Hill."


"We made it through the City of Owen Sound to the outskirts passing by Woodford."


"Hey Toni, do you see me "waving"?  LOL."


"You can see for miles at this point, right up to where our destination is located."


"Apple Country."


"Coming on into Meaford."


"Not to much further up the road we arrive to our destination the Meaford Factory Outlet."


"I am thinking Rob has found his new set of wheels?  Does this mean I have to drive the Honda back home?"


"There is pretty much something for everybody at the Meaford Factory Outlet."


"The guys took advantage of having a rest in some comfy chairs, as apparently the guy with the dog was too."


"We are off and rolling on down the Highway again."


"Located just on the outskirts of Owen Sound is the Village of Leith, located on the shores of Georgian Bay.  This was home to famous Canadian Artist, Tom Thomson."


"How very interesting was this, or so I thought it to be?"


"Now this Black Lab Retriever knows how to do the water in "style", does he not?"


We made it back home late afternoon, where everyone was awaiting us.  We relaxed before we even thought about having our supper.

"This is Doug and Vicki's "Jack".  He is such a happy happy guy, he is so."


"Here is little old "Keesha", and by old I mean 18 1/2 years old.  She is such a tiny little thing."


"How touching is this nose to nose?"


"New buddies, or I should say "old buddies", as they did hang together last Year."


"With the Sun in the West, we decided it was time to go in to have our supper of grilled striploin steak on the BBQ, along with bake taters and steamed cauliflower.  Thanks for supper, Doug and Vicki !"


"After supper we thought we would head on over to the Government Dock at Colpoy's Bay to give Bandit some play time in the bay.  Since Rob never usually has any time to spend with us, we took advantage of him being home."






"Go Jack, Go ..... "


"Nice picture, Doug."

"We really enjoyed ourselves this weekend.  I always look forward when our friends, Doug and Vicki, come up to visit with us.  I am already looking forward to the next time they do."


Before I forget, my friend John over at Tok Tok Place has been having some "technical" problems with his blog.  Hopefully he will be up and running soon.

In the meantime I will be back in the AM to add "captions" for all these photos I have just posted here at 10:38 pm, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

Captions done, with my day having begun at 5:00 am, I am off to see it through, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

1 comment:

  1. Yep! Up and running now at Tok Tok Place - either me but p'rolly 'Blogger' who I emailed about my problems.

    Nice shots - looks like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...