Sunday 1 July 2012

A Great Canada Day, Along With A Little Something For Rob

My "Crabby Cabbie" hadn't gotten in until 5:00 am this morning.  How did I know this? well I was up at midnight, then again at 3:00 am, when I finally called him to see if everything was going "okay" with him (I do worry and miss him most all the time).  I really didn't get back to sleep as the birds were chirping and morning was trying to break by that time, as it usually does at 5:00 am.

I got everyone looked after, in, out, around and about, then Vicki had their two Dachshunds looked after before her, Doug and I headed South towards Owen Sound, as Doug needed a dolly wheel for his tag-along trailer he pulls his Honda Goldwing trike in.

Of course, we went the back way through Wiarton, so there were still a couple of Garage Sales were were able to stop and take in before we actually headed out of town ... lol.  We eventually did make it to Owen Sound, did our rounds at a couple of stores, arriving back home just about the lunch hour to find Rob had just gotten up having his first coffee of the day.

Again having looking after our "packs" needs first, off we went finally heading out for our Bike ride to check out the Canada Day Celebrations being put on by Wiarton's Optimist Club down at Bluewater Park.

"We were barely parked and off the bikes before the guys had spyed this "souped up" T-Bucket.  She was a beauty, and her owner was pretty dang proud of her.  Could you blame him with that shine coming off of her?"


"There were some children getting lots of coolness from the Splash Pad.  This is where I will be taking the grandsons, Aiden and Connor in a couple of weeks time."


"The Wiarton Optimist did a wonderful job of organizing this day, with a little something for everyone.  To the right, in the background, there was a huge Horseshoe Tourney going on.  I know my brother was over there somewhere, but I was unable to spy him out."


"A great variety of vendors ... "



"Now what child doesn't like "bouncing"?"


"A couple of the vendors I even knew.  Here is Jaime of "With Love ~ Distinctive Gifts Your Heart Desires".  She was demonstrating the "spaghetti" scarf.  Jaime is a local gal with her store setup in Hepworth, so drop on over HERE to check it all out."


"Here come my most favourite guy; I didn't loose him after all .... !"


"Another local business, "Shaggychic" ... some really nice scarves I must say."


"I LOVE Quilts, and so many to choose from there were."


"Here is Russel, from Miner Maple Products, locally owned and operated by Russel and Abbey Miner.  The Maple BBQ Sauce is the "bomb" let me tell you!  Rob's new "fav" on grilled pork and chicken."


"When I was this age, I am sure this is where you would have found me."

 "We got to meet Cathy of Cathy's Confections ~ Unique, homemade chocolates and treats.  Another local "Bruce County" person, I might add ... Yay !!!  Looking for something "different, interesting and yummy"? then give Cathy a dingle at 519-934-1351, or check out her website at www.cathysconfections.ca "


"Ha, Vicki bought some of Cathy's yummy looking tarts.  Guess what I will be trying out for my breakfast tomorrow morning?"


"It could not have been a more perfect day to celebrate Canada's Birthday."


We headed on up Hwy. 6, back past our house, way on up "North of the Checkerboard", until we got to our planned destination of the day, one we had been looking forward to since last Year .....

"Just before coming into Tobermory, on the right hand side of Hwy. 6, you will see the Lone Wolf Drive Thru's sign.  This was our destination."


"You have no idea how surprised I was to see an old acquaintance and friend, Jenny, working here.  We had a bit of catching up to do.  Not only a sweetie, she is a "fun loving" gal."


 "Our ultimate mission this day was to make it to DNA Fish & Chips for their amazing fare of Georgian Bay Whitefish and Chips."


"Should you have never been, this is a definite "go to" place.  You will not be disappointed with the food prepared for you by Hosts Dave and Alanna.  Head on over to Facebook to "like" their page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/DNA-Fish-and-Chips/158054144212909"


"Oh my, I thought I was having a little bit of heaven when I started into this feast before me, as did Vicki, Doug and Rob.  Oh so good !"


"We had headed on up to Tobermory to hit the liquor store to get a bottle of red wine for a night cap later, however homeward bound we had to refuel at the gas pumps in Ferndale."


Yesterday morning when I was out and about early to a few garage/yard sales on my own, I happened to come by "something" Rob has been yearning for for sometime.  This "something" was something we had in our house in Woolwich Twp. that he has been missing since moving here 9 years ago.  This "something" has a big price tag, which we could never justify buying by making due with what we had, but guess what ...... ?  we headed on back into Wiarton to pickup this "something" Rob had been wanting that I found yesterday at a garage sale ....

"A spanking brand new jacuzzi 6 jet bathtub and pump for a "steal of deal" at $75.00 !!!!  I couldn't believe it, as if I remember correctly when we built our house the same one, however in black, had cost us $900.00 on sale?  Once we get it installed, Rob's achy bones will be doing the "Happy Dance", this I am sure of .... lol."


"That glass of wine night cap turned into something a wee bit better as we headed on into the Northern Confections, downtown Wiarton.  Come on in, I am going to guarantee you will be drooling ....."




"Rob's choice of night cap was a Banana Split, "loaded" I might add."


"While Doug, Vicki and I enjoyed double scoops of our favourite ice cream flavours."


North Confections in Wiarton is another "must try" when driving through, or out on a day trip.

I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable and fun Canada Day then the one we had this day.  I can honestly say I am very tired, but ever so content, looking forward to a new day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkboard".

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was such a fun day! Happy Canada Day! And nice deal on jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Canada appears to be celebrated just like our Australia Day.

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely perfect day - I would have gone wit the ice cream too lol xx

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...