Thursday 21 July 2011

When It's Hot It's Hot "Sizzling Hot Summer Daze".

Whew.....there have certainly been some hot summer days the past few, enough to put me into a "heat daze" at times with no air conditioning in our house.  Thank goodness for fans or it would be totally unbearable.

Out this morning, with Bandit and Lexus on their morning jaunt, it actually felt like rain a bit, but now that Rob got all the baled hay off the field last night, that probably won't happen.  Well maybe......might as well check it out right off the bat.

Today:

A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers early this morning. Wind west 30 km/h. High 33 except 28 near Lake Huron. UV index 10 or very high

Tonight:

A few clouds. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 20.


Thirty percent....that isn't much of a percentage, so I suppose I will just have to wait and see what it decides to do.

I suppose I shall finish my "to be continued" from our day on Tuesday before I continue on with anything further, not that my day yesterday had been much more exciting then any other one, but I shall finish what I started.

After the hay was baled the other night there was a little fun still going on in the field behind our house.

"The "King" of the Castle and the "Dirty Rascal".



"Never mind now, I am the "Queen" of my own Castle, looking across at a "Dirty Rascal"."




"Aren't we just the finest looking "Checkerboard Aussies" you have ever seen?"




"Now presenting the "King & Queen" North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."


Ha, ha, ha.....Bandit and Lexus will be sad now the round bales of hay have been put away, as they were having the time of their lives going up and down on them.  Lots of fun being had by them, and lots of enjoyment watching had by us.

As I said, the hay was all put away yesterday afternoon.  Since our tractor is not a State of the Art Tractor with Air Conditioning (as obviously as our house isn't either), poor Rob felt like he was in a "sweat box" getting it in the barn. 


"Aiden went along with Poppa to get the last three bales put away."





Once again....boys and their toys !  LOL.

Aiden had another good morning yesterday at the Vacation Bible School, while I went up to see about a tooth I had had filled a couple of weeks ago. 

After my Dentist, Pat, had examined the area of my mouth that has been giving me so much grief since having the tooth filled, he ended up taking an xray of the area only to find my sinus were so filled they were putting pressure on and causing my teeth to ache so bad......imagine that !  Much to my relief to finding out it wasn't my teeth, but more to my dismay to now figure out how to ease the sinus without adding more drugs into my system. 

My girlfriend, Colleen, had a good idea by reminding me to use my Nedi pot, to rinse out my sinus cavities with saline solution.  I will be trying to find it in my cupboards and get on that today, before I end up in more pain by ending up with a sinus infection.

Not familiar with a Nedi pot, check out this informative website at the following link:

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

After I had returned home from the Dentist I still had a bit a time to do a few things at home before going to collect Aiden from the Vacation Bible School.

Once home and after our lunch was finished, we had another afternoon of poolside....



....and trying to stay cool to no avail.  It was even worse, as I made Kraft's Layered Enchilada Bake for supper....

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/layered-enchilada-bake-107077.aspx

....and had to have the oven on.  I used a Mild Salsa this time around, so I really enjoyed it much more then when I had used the Medium.  I let Aiden try a little bit, but it was still too much on the hot side for his liking, so he got a cheese omelet whipped up for him for his supper, along with a piece a toast.

After supper we all  just tried to stay as still as we could, until it was bath time and then off to bed for all three of us.  Oops, I should say five, since Bandit and Lexus were in for the night as well.

I am not sure what today holds for us, as the only thing planned so far is Aiden attending Vacation Bible School this morning.  We will just have to wait and see how it unfolds before us, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...