Tuesday 19 July 2011

Very First Day of Vacation Bible School.

Yesterday morning started out a bit "hairy" for me since I was out of my usual routine.  What really set me off was the fact that the Bell Repairman showed up when I was at the very end of doing my "blog" and shut off the phone lines !!!  I had thought I had lost my whole "blog" in an intstant.  However as it ended up, I had only lost the last one quarter of it.....thank goodness.

The day did go on to be better afterall......

Aiden's first day at attending Vacation Bible School was yesterday !  Poppa and I had to have him there for 9:00 a.m..

"All aready to go inside to check it out."


"Registration to be completed before the fun begins."


"We had to go back to collect Aiden for 12:00.  There is Pastor Pamela trying to make a run for it to get out of my camera's view.....lol."



Aiden, not realizing the Bible School was for the whole week, wanted to know if he could go back as he had so much fun. 

They all received a Wilderness Explorer Handbook, and got to make two Butterflies.  The Butterflies look so natural !



While Aiden was in attendance at Vacation Bible School, Rob and I got some much needed errands and running around done.

Rob had to register and purchase plates for the utility trailer he had bought over two months ago.  The Ministry of Transportation Office in Wiarton was very very busy......

"Rob was having a lesson in the patience department, I am sure....lol.  He really isn't looking too impressed at all."



We also needed to get  replacement rechargeable batteries for our telephones.  Rob went in to the Wiarton TV to make this purchase only to find out the batteries would cost at least $40.00.  Jim sold him a new set of phones that take regular batteries for only a total cost of $20.00.  How sad is that....


"The not so old $70.00 Uniden phones are out, and the brand new $20.00 Panasonic phones are in!  Wow, what a "huge" difference, not only in purchase price but in battery replacement prices as well.  Once again, buyer beware of every detail."




Oh man, I just thought of something....I will have to learn a new phone all over again !!!  Something else for my brain to try and figure out, not as if it does not have enough to do already!

It was so hot yesterday afternoon.  Since we do not have Central Airconditioning, needless to say, we did not do anything too athletic.  Awhile ago, I had made a great purchase of twelve puzzles at our local Sally Ann, so Aiden kept himself very busy working at some of these puzzles.


Aiden had put all these together over the course of the afternoon and evening.  What a great puzzle guy he is, with no help from Grandma or Poppa at all!




After a supper of barbecued porkchops, salad, new potato, steamed cauliflower, and sliced tomatoes, Aiden and I bribed Poppa with the promise of a Tim Hortons coffee if he would take us down to Bluewater Park.  It worked and even Bandit got to go along with us !

I took my camera along.  Once there and all ready to take my first picture, the camera would not turn on......I can not believe I had taken the battery out to put in the charger earlier on in the day and did not remember to put it back into the camera !!!  LOL, here I am with some more lost Kodak moments.....

This it what I arose to at 5:30 a.m. this morning, and as I look out there now there has not been too much of a change.

Very very foggy and misty out there in the boondocks.



Let me see what the good olè Wiarton Airport has to say about the rest of the day ahead.


Today:

Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 27. UV index 9 or very high.
Tonight:
Clearing this evening. Low 16.


It looks like the fog will eventually be burned off by the sunshine, hopefully before we have to leave for Bible School. 

Please note, Blogger formatting has not been working the way it should, so what I see in draft and how spacing, punctuation, etc....in the preview are two separte things.  Lots of issues some days....or maybe it is just the Operator......LOL.

Beds, to be made, things to be straightened up and a Grandson to be delivered downtown to another day of Vacation Bible School.  I really do not know if poor Grandma has time or not for that second cup of Java this morning, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard !

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...