Tuesday 12 July 2011

Off For A Morning Of The Keady Market

I haven't been to the Keady Market for at least two years, so I am picking up my girlfriend, Colleen, and we are heading out to check it out this morning.

Anyone that is up in the area for a visit throughout the week, the Keady Market is held every Tuesday; directions and information on the market can be found on the following website link:

http://www.keadylivestock.com/

Certainly not as big as the Waterloo Market, that I used to live 5 minutes away from at one time, but certainly a good size in its own right, and there still are local produce vendors in attendance which I find nice.

I had think I best be checking what Bruce County weather holds for the day ahead first off.


Today:


Mainly sunny. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High 25. UV index 10 or very high.


Tonight:


A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light late this evening. Low 15.


That looks absolutely acceptable for a morning at an open Farmer's Market I would think !

I came across a very interesting article yesterday on Swiss Chard.  I tried Swiss Chard a number of years back, really not caring for it much as I had found it to be bitter.  However after reading this article maybe I should think about giving it a try again.

Five reasons why detoxifying Swiss chard is one of the healthiest greens

This nutritional powerhouse provides vitamins A, C, E and K, and is healthy for your heart because it can lower cholesterol.


As Swiss Chard is so familiar to Beet Greens, I am surprised I didn't like it, as I love Beet Greens.  I will definitely have to give it a "one more time" try.

I must say the Stuffed Mushrooms I made for last night's supper were enjoyed, and complimented the BBQ'd steak, shrimp and Caesar Salad quite nicely.

"Never mind the mushrooms being stuffed, I was stuffed after I had a supper of all this."


Personally, I think I would have went a little heavier on the minced green onions then the two tablespoons the recipe called for, but that is a matter of personal preference.  Should anyone care for the Stuffed Mushroom recipe I used, check out yesterday's blog, or "Cindy's Recipe Exchange" on Facebook.

I just love technology,  the most apparent reason in my case, being the "sharing of photos" so quickly.  I spoke to Paul after supper, as he was watching Aiden ride his two wheeler without training wheels for the very first time.  I was just thrilled when Paul emailed me a picture instantly of the "big moment" directly from his Blackberry phone.

"Here he is.....with that kind of balance it won't be long until he has his own Harley Davidson.  Oops did I really type that?  LOL."



This was after supper and bathtime, so hence the styling "Pajama" attire.

After our own supper, we had company drop in ourselves.  "Fast Freddy" who installed our furnance two years ago stopped in for a little visit.  Freddy is an awesome guy.  Anyone in need of a furance, air conditioning or any heating need you might require, he is your "guy".  Check out his website, as it is just as impressive as he is, at the following link:

http://fastfreddys.com/

Trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed in Freddy's advice, service or personality.  If he has one of his buddy's come along to a job with him, not too worry as they are very "friendly" as well.

"Meet one of Freddy's sidekicks, Petey."


Petey must have been hard worked by Freddy this day, as he just didn't have the engergy to come out of the truck for a visit himself.  LOL.

Look at the time.....I best be getting my "butt" in gear and get my bed and myself made up, as it is almost time to be thinking about leaving to go pickup Colleen.  Rob, Bandit and Lexus will just have to hold down the fort themselves today.

Here I go, once again, off and running, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...