Wednesday 6 May 2015

So Far So Good


I was rocking the Day Surgery attire before 8 am this morning.  I should have these swifter booties at home for my floors I am thinking?  I wasn't too impressed as I was way too tired.


The Nurses at the Owen Sound Day Surgery dept. are absolutely wonderful.  There had been a few issues getting the IV in, as usual, however a nurse was found who did it almost painless for me.

Dr. Kaal's team were all fun and amazing.  Dr. Bell was the anesthesiologist who was very concerned and considerate.  I am sure since I was nervous of being awake for the procedure gave him cause to knock me right out... thank you !

Apparently I had a shunt put in the duct of my pancreas.  This is all I could gather but will  not know exactly until I have a followup with my own Doctor this month.  So far so good ....

I slept all day once Rob got me back home at 1 pm, and I am heading back to bed as soon as I can now as I am exhausted.

My Diet today consists of Orange Lollies, Cranberry Gingerale Cocktails, and Blueberry/Grape Jello, that Rob made me, and I made the mistake of eating the whole bowl as I was starving.  I am paying for it on the reflex end of it now.  Lasagna? I had received a text on my way in this morning from Marg Reinhart to send Rob around this afternoon as she had made this for us.  Rob will  have some tonight for his Dinner, and am looking forward to some tomorrow.  What a super nice gesture that is so much truly appreciated.


Last night my Niece Stacey, sent me a photo on instagram.

Wow what a blast from the past !  this was taken about 20 years ago at my Niece Tamara's wedding.


I would like to say how much I appreciate everyone's support and well wishes.  

It was a comfort to see a familiar face prior to being wheeled into the procedure room.  Thanks Dianne ! xx    And I also seen another long time friend, who was there for different reasons, I must contact her hopefully tomorrow.

On that note I really need to go back to bed as I am exhausted to no end, and no wonder as I am certain I have had enough drugs in my system the past two days to knock out an elephant.  This is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you my friend! <3 (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope this is the solution to that problem. Hope you are feeling really well REALLY SOON my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree, hope this is the end of your issues. And like the others say, rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all went well . Now rest up and hope you feel better soon ! Here's to a speedy recovery !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and rest , the body heals much faster, the dust bunnies can wait for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...