Tuesday 26 May 2015

Lots Of New New New ! And A Bit of Old.

Don't you absolutely LOVE waking up each morning to a new day and a new adventure ahead of you?  Now I am feeling better then I have for many months I have begun to again, baby steps.

I had a "new" photo sent to me on the weekend of my boys being silly.  Yes, Paul, Aiden & I can touch our noses with our tongues ... silly fun.  Shoot my nose or tongue must have shrunk cause I can't do it anymore !!


When I had been at the Wiarton Chamber of Commerce office yesterday morning, Wiarton Willie had been out and it was noticed he was blowing his old coat with a "new" one coming in.


Yesterday I had been invited along with the SBP Economic Tourism Officer to go along on behalf of the WDCC for a meeting at the "new" and improved Red Bay Lodge, in Red Bay of course.  The Lodge has been around for many many years with lots of fantastic memories of days long gone by the locals and families who vacationed there for years.  About 10 years ago or so it had been purchased, afterwards spiraling downhill to almost total ruins.  Just last Year a investor from Brampton saved the Lodge, seeing its potential and it is making a "new" comeback with astounding support coming from the Community.


The restaurant, Tilted Anterz, is now up and running for breakfast, lunches, and dinners.  Open daily except for Tuesdays.  Pete is the "new" manager, along with Sherry, and Chef Angus, who all have a great vision going forward with the revamping of bringing the Red Bay Lodge back to life.  Thanks to Pete, who I am pictured with, for treating Danielle and I to a great lunch prepared by Chef Angus.  Yes behind the bar is the "new" famous Tilted Antlerz lite up in splendor overlooking the dining area.


More about the Red Bay Lodge? check it out by *clicking* HERE for their Facebook Page.  Looking forward to them becoming one of our newest Chamber Members.

Rob has been busy the last few days building "new" wind breaker walls on our deck on the East & West exposures.  We get strong winds prevailing mostly from the West.  Not quite finished yet as he is planning to make it a bit more special by scalloping along the top.


A "new" day also meant my sister, Jeanne, was feeling a bit better then previous days.  Joanne, Cecil and I had a visit with her late this afternoon.  

Another "new" for Bruce/Grey Counties !  the Grand Opening of the Bruce Grey Music Hall of Fame at the Hepworth Shallow Lake Legion.  Book early as I most certainly can see this being a "sell out" ! which would be nothing "new", now would it?  More about the Legion news can be found by *clicking* HERE.


Should my father, Fritz (Harold) Masterson still be alive today, he would LOVE attending the Legion in his hometown of Hepworth, this I know as being the truth, as he loved Country Western music.

For all the "new" the past couple of days today I was faced with some very old old old yuck when I was cleaning the bathroom.  Yes it was time to clean the drain out .... oh YUCK, but someone had to do the dirty work or it wouldn't ever get done.  


Funny how getting just most of the bathroom cleaned today made me feel a bit better in the sense of accomplishment.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get something else done, and then should a day come I ever get it all done, I will have to go back to the beginning and start all over again, now won't I?

It is stinking how with a high of 36*C out front without the humidity, and 27*C inside.  Am I going to complain after the cold cold Winter we just had?   I wouldn't be a Canadian if I didn't complain about the weather, now would I ?

That is all she wrote this day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. you do sound so much more upbeat, so you must be feeling a lot better. Glad to see your sister smiling also. Too hot for me too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still touch my nose with my tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never touch my nose with my tongue. Willie's looking quite chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling happier - I hope you can continue to build on that! I try to get one household task done each day, even a small one, as it does make me feel better to accomplish something...anything!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...