Saturday 30 May 2015

I Should Not Read Sometimes

This morning Rob and I headed South towards Kitchener.  We were making a quick trip to Costco to get in a supply of food for our Aussies, and a few other items as well.

First stop when we arrived was at Rob's sister's, Delores, as he had to drop something off for his BIL, Daroll.  I was very happy to see Delores in person, as it just isn't the same speaking on the phone.  I am pretty sure the last time we seen each other was last Fall? when we had dinner together at the Mandarin Restaurant.

We were on such a mission I had forgotten to get a photo of them !!  probably Delores was content with the fact that I had.

Next stop was an even quicker surprise visit to my Sister, Donna, who only lives a few blocks away. We also got to see my BIL, Wayne, who sure is not in a good way with the Staph infection he has.  I really felt so bad for him, and hope he gets better much sooner then later.

I got the "are you really going to take a picture" look, then "on command" a very lovely *smile*.  Love my sister, Donna ! 


Shopping at Costco had been a whirlwind, or seemed to be for me.  Our son, Paul, met us there so we got a brief visit with him as well.  Liz is working 12 hour night shifts at the hospital so she was at home sound asleep.  Darn I had also forgotten to get a picture of him too.  I am loosing my touch.

Next stop had been the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, which was in and out to get Rob and Uncle Basil some Albert Weber Summer Sausage.

Heading on the Expressway from Kitchener Waterloo towards St. Jacob's, we hit a band of rain around Ottawa Street.  It was very humid down there today.  Yes Rob really loves his wheelbarrow as it makes life easier for him to bring in Dog Food and other shopping items when we return back home.


We stopped just outside of Clifford at the Redwood Restaurant for a late lunch.  Rob had a Schnitzel Diner, while I had Liver & Onions with no potato and extra veggies.  They make the BEST Liver & Onions I have ever had ... a treat I always look forward to when we go down that way.


Ha ! Rob had been a bit on the grumpy side today.  His sister says what she usually does with grumpy is leaves him in bed.  I had a good laugh about that one, but I needed my grumpy to go along with me today.  He was just tired, hot and feeling his pain more today after having doing all the fencing on the deck and pressure washing the past couple of days.

Lots of time on the drive down to Kitchener I googled information on Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I should not read sometimes as we don't always read what want to hear, do we?

DID YOU KNOW?

  • Arthritis is a leading cause of disability in Canada.
  • About one out of every 100 Canadians has rheumatoid arthritis (RA). That's about 300,000 Canadians.
  • Anyone can get RA at any age, but it most often appears between the ages of 25 and 50.
  • RA affects women three times more often than men.
There is no cure for RA, but when you are diagnosed early and start the right treatment, you can take better control of your disease and often avoid severe damage to your joints. Most people with RA can lead active and productive lives with the help of the right medication, surgery (in some cases), exercise, rest and joint protection techniques.

WHAT IS RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS?

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a type of inflammatory arthritis and an autoimmune disease. An autoimmune disease is one where the body's immune system becomes confused and begins to "attack" the body.
In RA, the target of the immune attack is tissue in the lining of the joints and, sometimes, in other internal organs (such as the eyes, lungs or heart). This causes swelling, pain, inflammation and joint destruction.
RA usually begins slowly, starting in a few joints and then spreading to other joints over a few weeks to a few months. As time goes on, RA involves more and more joints on both sides of the body often in a "symmetrical" pattern. This means if joints in your right hand are swollen, then joints in your left hand will probably be swollen.
The symptoms of RA vary from person to person. Some people have only a few joints involved or mild inflammation, whereas others have many joints involved or severe inflammation. The symptoms of RA also vary from times when the joints feel good to other times (often for no reason at all) when the joints become more stiff, sore and swollen.
The above excerpt was taken from the following link:  http://www.arthritis.ca/page.aspx?pid=982
I had thought the severity of my pain had been getting worse then the muscle aches, as it is in my toes, feet, ankles, legs, knees, hips, hands, fingers, elbows, shoulders, neck, and back.  I should have maybe clued in a few months ago when I started getting the sharp shooting pains, but I did tell my Doctor, and I did still think it to be Fibromyalgia.  My biggest complaint other then the pain is the constant fatigue.  I will try not to jump to further conclusions until I get in to see a Rheumatologist which my Doctor has already referred me to.
Rob and I are all in but for our shirt tails this evening.  Hoping we both get a good night's sleep this evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. busy day for you all. Sometimes reading stuff on the internet is not a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what the Rheumatologist diagnoses you with cause I have the same thing and my Rheumatologist is baffled cause I get the symptoms of swollen hands and what not and aching week muscles and pain and become exhausted from it all to mostly in the cold and or damp weather and when the barometric pressure constantly changes . I need to see a better Rheumatologist I guess ! I have read the same website all from the Canadian Arthritis socially and yet I cant get anywhere or even a diagnosis and have been through all kinds of test for other things and nothing yet I still ache and am in pain in the damp and or cold . Hope all goes well . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother had the less troublesome arthritis much of her life.

    One of my cousins is a vendor at the St. Jacob's market, at least has been in the past, though I don't know which day he's there.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...