Saturday 16 May 2015

A Fun Shopping Morning

Yesterday was such a drab wet & cold day, but it was made much better mid-day when a Crabby Cabbie customer gifted a dozen of their fresh farm brown eggs.  I love there is still "giving" people, and truly there are many in our Community.  We also have a couple very strong Service Clubs who do much.


Quite awhile ago friends, Lois and Tess, and I had made plans to go along with Tess to help her find an outfit to wear to the upcoming June wedding for her niece.  We met up at 10 am and headed North towards Lion's Head.

We first stopped along Hwy. 6 at the Handicraft House where Tess found a light flowy dress suitable for the wedding and a really nice top to wear with slacks for the shower.   Next stop in Lion's Head was a cute little clothes shop, The Cottage.  Well worth the stop in should you be up that way.  After there we headed to Marydale's Restaurant for a light lunch, then made our way back home by 2 pm.


It had been a fun shopping morning, and I really scored some great stuff today, as later on I dropped on into the Thrift Store.

This very very nice belt I got at The Cottage for $8.00, reg. $34.95.  At the thrift shop I got the first pile of blouses for Mom, the other one for me, as well as a pair of jeans, all for $31.00 !  A couple are name brands, such as Mex, Yest and Tribal ... nice scores !


This morning Rob was down at our local grocery store where he picked up some fixings for our dinner this evening.

We had a totally YUMMY dinner of grilled T-Bone steak, baked potato and veggies.  He got these huge steaks marked down with 50% off ! with still 2 days on them for best before.  We split one and will have the other one tomorrow night.


After dinner I tackled the front lawn to get in some exercise today, since I didn't accomplish much of anything else in the way of housework today.

Rob traded in the heavy lawnmower he had bought me a few years ago for this self propelled Toro ... much easier and lighter !  I also really am happy with my Bogs as they save my other shoes from being ruined with fresh wet grass.


Tomorrow I have big plans to get lots done, and hope I didn't just jinx myself by mentioning that !!!

How is everyone doing with the 52 Week Money Challenge?  I have been moving right along on track with lots of things needing done around here to be done.  Still lots of time to think on what I will be doing with my savings.

That is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...