Friday 10 October 2014

"On & Off" Rain

I was up with Portia again at 3 am.  Our poor girl had a bad case of the runs, which had me running around the yard at the other end of the leash with her.  Thank goodness there was no skunks out or it hadn't been raining at that time of the morning.  We got out and right back in back to bed.

Buddy started barking this morning, and I was thinking "oh it is way too early to get up", as it had still been dark out.  YIKES ! it had been 7:10 am and we had all still been in bed!  Rob got a dangle on real quick, and me right after him.

Today was the last day of the Wiarton Farmer's Market.  I think this Year I might have only m aissed 2 Friday Markets.  I always enjoy going down as I get to have a little visit with my friend, Abby Miners, who also happens to be the Market Manager.  

Today was a little exciting, other then the "on & off" rain that put a damper on things for a little bit.  However the show, or in this case, the Market must go on ...

The Wiarton Farmer's Market had done a Dinner as a Fundraiser for money to go towards awnings at the Berford Street Parkette, where the Market is each Season.  This morning Abby had presented the Town of South Bruce Peninsula with a cheque in the amount of $1,500.00.  Way to go Wiarton Farmer's Market !!!  The Office Manager for the WDCC, Liz, had been at the Market also this morning with her pooch.  I could not resist the opportunity of "setting" up a photo shoot with him and Miners' Maple Products Maple Syrup.  And they also have their end of Season, buy one and get the 2nd half price.  Tomorrow Miners' Maple Products will be at the Lion's Head & Owen Sound Farmer's Market should you be in either area and like to take advantage of this sweet deal.


This afternoon our friends Doug & Vicki arrived in their RV for the weekend.  After they got settled in Vicki went along with me to Sauble Beach to drop off a Birthday Gift to my girlfriend, Colleen, as tomorrow is her Birthday.  Once I had a little visit with Colleen we headed back to Wiarton to where we were tempted by ...

... the Fundraiser Bake/Pumpkin Sale for the Wiarton Kid's Den.  Should you be in Wiarton tomorrow they will be selling their goods from 9 am until 2 pm, or until sold out, at the old Badder Bus Building, located on Berford Street beside St. John's United Church.  Lots of homemade baked goods, pumpkins and gourds.


Vicki had gotten a Zucchini Loaf and some Banana Muffins, while I had gotten 6 Apple Tarts.

It was a soup kind of day.  Rob and I had Turkey Veggie Soup for our dinner made from the Turkey Stock we had made the other day.  We got a Dutch Oven full of soup as well as 5 - 4 cup containers for the freezer.  That had been a good haul from that Turkey Carcass.


This evening I am going to stay cuddled in with the warmth from our Wood Stove, since it had been a really cool damp day with the "on & off" rain all day long.

Tomorrow I go for x-rays on my right knee at 9:30 am.  I was surprised I got in that quickly, and even more surprised they took x-rays at the Wiarton Hospital Saturdays.  I am pleased to get one step closer to seeing what is the cause of my knee giving me grief again after two years.

Dang, dang, triple dang I do so dislike it getting darker and darker, earlier and earlier, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really noticing the difference now in how short the days are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the days getting shorter too, and colder! But what can we do, it's inevitable. Fall is here and winter is on its way - RATS!! (I'm such a summer girl!)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...