Wednesday 15 October 2014

Missing Someone I Love

Today I made Homemade Bean Soup, today I had another quick meeting, today I headed down to see one of my much loved Aunts in the Southampton Hospital .....

.... today I received a phone call message from my other much loved Aunt Gladys  when I was half way to Southampton to tell me my Aunt Pearlina had passed away at 12 noon.  I called my sister Jeanne to tell her I was going back home, I called Rob to tell him, and I then I spoke to my Aunt Gladys.

I drove down to the Lake in Sauble Beach where I let my tears flow.


My Aunt Pearlina was a very strong woman.  She was kind, she was loving, she was wonderful and has always had a special place in my heart since I was a little girl.  I can still remember years ago when my Mother and her used to clean cottages together, and when she worked out at the Saugeen Golf Course and brought me ice cream.  I have nothing but good memories about my dear Aunt Pearlina.

Aunt Pearlina was 93 1/2 years of age.  Her mind was still wonderful, however her body had been tired.  I am happy she was spared laying any longer after having the stroke on Monday.  She was very much loved by her family and friends.  I can never recall anyone saying anything bad towards my Aunt Pearlina, she was just that kind of person.

This is when a few of us met to celebrate her 92nd Birthday.  More on that HERE.


Aunt Pearlina loved Rob and I.  This is her at the Masterson Family Reunion 2013.  She seen me taking her photo & decided to stick her tongue out at me ... oh I will miss her so.


I get so terribly sad missing someone I love.  My father has been gone over 30 years now and my heart hurts over missing him.  He is so often in my thoughts.

This part of life HURTS.  Live your life to its fullest as you are able, loving the ones who are there who return your love, leaving you with no regrets when you lose someone you love.

I had been invited out for Dinner by a friend this evening.  Rob was left home with homemade 9 bean soup, which he loves by the way.

What a feast my friend had made for her, myself and another friend ...

A leg of lamb, accompanied by Waldorf Salad, Potato cakes, Harvard Beets (I had two helpings) Steamed Broccoli and Apple Betty for Dessert.  Fit for a Queen this meal had been ... and yes this Queen does love herself some Lamb !  I also received a gift of a Homemade pair of crocheted slippers.  A lovely meal with fantastic company.


It has been a long emotional day.  Arrangements for my Auntie Pearlina have been made for this Saturday.  Her wishes had been a Graveside Service, with all details found HERE.

It is after 9 pm now with me still having to take out Portia and Bandit then calling it a day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

7 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...