Tuesday 28 October 2014

Debilitating Migraines

Yesterday one of the WDCC office staff personal was off work with a Migraine.  I had been surprised I had not had one myself with a Weather system change moving in with rain and thunderstorms.  I thought too soon....

I barely slept last night.  Around 3 pm the pain behind my eyes was constant.  By the time I finally got up from bed at 6:30 am, for the umpteenth time, my teeth were aching so bad I could barely stand the pain of that, behind my eyes, and in my temples.

I took Portia out and put her directly back in her crate something which never happens.  I took two extra strength sinus/allergy pills and went back to bed.

By 10 am nothing had dented the pain.  Quite the contrary as a migraine had also set in with pain coming up between my shoulder blades reaching out through the back of my head.  I was nauseous, weak and barely could stand the sound of my own breathing.  It was a full blown debilitating migraine.

At 10:30 am I took migraine medication and went back to bed.  Thank goodness Rob had been in and out between calls to look after the dogs.

By lunchtime I was ready to go to the Hospital, but put it off by trying more water, however I was far from dehydrated.

Around 2:30 pm I said to Rob I needed to go to the Hospital, however he had to go out for a length of time so I decided to try more medication.  This time it was 1200 mg of ibuprofen and 2 Tylenol 2, and back to bed.  I finally found an hour of sleep or so.

In between all this I had tried some toast, then soda crackers for the nausea.  This back fired on me as all that did was create an attack of very extreme gas pains.  Thank God I had bought some Tums this past Sunday.  Between the Tums and a bottle of Coke that had been in the fridge I found some relief from the gas attack.

Finally by 4 pm the migraine "gave up the ghost", but not before it had "knocked the socks" off me.

Rob made us some Dinner of Homemade 9 Bean Soup and Grilled Cheese.  That had been at 6 pm when I got out of bed.  I am thankful he had not been out of town today or I would have had more of a time coping then I already had.

Should you not be familiar with how severe Migraines are, please read some Facts on Migraines by *clicking* HERE.

There was a bit of silver lining in my day beyond the pain ....

... as my Kamenstein Swan tea kettle arrived, which I had ordered "used" from E-Bay last week.  Is she not beautiful ???   I hope I get as many years from her as I had from the previous one.  In the mail I had also gotten an Application for Jury Duty.  I hadn't received one of these since I was in my early 20's.  *Sigh*.


The blessing in this day was that this Migraine happened today, as I have myself otherwise committed the next two days, and I could not have possibly kept those engagements.

I did take time to go on my computer very briefly earlier today once to find out the results of the South Bruce Peninsula Election results from last night.  I had to say I was only pleased with two of the persons who had been elected in for the next term.  *Sad* to say, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

On a lighter note, this Halloween do not forget to SHOP LOCAL !  as local small businesses are the backbone to our Communities.


I am tired and somewhat drained, so on that note I will call it a wrap until tomorrow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry Cindy that you have to go through this. Take care and rest. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were ill today . My mum had debilitating migraines that put her out of commission for days for her it was a combination of barometric pressure and hormones . I hope you feel better soon and get plenty of rest ! Take care my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you're dealing with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Monday you eat samples from Costco............the next day you have a migraine.
    HMMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Sunday I had 3 pcs of Bridge Mixture Samples; Tuesday it poured rain and I had a migraine. Usually my migraines are barometer induced.

      Delete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...