Friday 17 October 2014

A Long Day

I did not get much sleep whatsoever last night.  Portia had me up at 11:30, then again at 2:00 am.  I must have work up about 4 am finally getting out of bed at 6:50 am.

It has been a long long day, or it sure has seemed like it !  I am so tired.  I can't wait til Rob gets home so I can make him something to eat, hop into a shower and hit the sack.  All in that order too.

A friend of ours dropped off some Yarn today that she was not going to use.  I was going to give it to my Sister, Donna, who makes things for her daughter's Church who in turn sends them over to Africa, however I think I might take it to another friend who offered to show me how to crochet slippers.  I could make some and donate them to the Church Bazaars maybe.  Now I just have to find some time to learn how to crochet slippers !!!

Thank you Diane, you are such a wonderful giving person !!!  Hugsssss.

I appreciate another's kindness and always feel good if Rob and I can ever "pay it forward" to someone else.  It just happened that today we were able to "pay it forward".

A friend of Rob's has been getting Chemo treatments and just got home today from a treatment.  Rob was talking to him and found out his recliner had broke and fallen apart.  I took it upon myself to look on Kijiji for another one for him this afternoon.  BINGO !  I not only found one for him that was in "brand new" condition, according to Rob, the cost of it was only $10.00 !!!!

It had even been better then that, if you could imagine?  the recliner was located in Southampton, so Rob is going to pick it up after work today and deliver it to his friend who lives only 5 miles away in Port Elgin.  I wish I was there so I could see the look on his face.  He will be so happy, I just know it.

Rob's friend is a big guy too, so this recliner/rocker will hopefully suit him just fine.


I also spent a bit of time today going back a Year ago this month to read some of my Blog Posts.  One in particular made me *smile* should you *click* HERE.

Between being in and out with Portia today, and the rain showers, I did stop to admire the beautiful colours of the Maple Trees within our circular drive.  I do LOVE Fall and wish they stayed like this all Year round. 

What is your favourite Season?


Tomorrow morning at 11 am will find Rob and I, along with other Family Members, saying our final good-byes at the Graveside Service for my dear Aunt Pearlina at the Southampton Cemetery.  We will congregate afterwards at the Anglican Church.

Today has been a long day, but still one that I was thankful for, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. Very good of Rob.

    It'll be a very difficult day for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...