Sunday 12 October 2014

A Beautiful Thanksgiving Sunday

Today Rob and I had a beautiful Thanksgiving Sunday spent with our good long time friends, Doug and Vicki.  Late morning we loaded up in our vehicles and headed on out to ...

.... Walter's Falls, which is somewhere I had never been before.  These photos were taken at the top of the Falls on either side of the bridge by where I would think the old Mill would have been located.


We walked over to the other side of the Falls which carried on into the Bruce Trail.  The middle photo was very close to the edge which would not be a place I would care to slip ... scary for a person not too fond of heights, which I would be included under that heading.


We headed back across the bridge which took us to the top side of the Falls, where Rob still had possession of the camera and had taken some very amazing shots.

Rob guessed this was part of a winch (his photo).


This photo was at the bottom of the Falls (another photo Rob had taken).  A beautiful Fall photo.


The top of the Falls, the shadows of Rob & I on the look out over looking the Falls, and another photo of the bottom of the Falls.


Rob taking more photos and me turning to catch him at it ! 


Before we left Walter Falls we had a sit down outside the Ice Cream Shack.  Doug & Vicki had said the Strawberry/Banana Ice Cream was very good.


I love Fall !  you could see miles down the one road heading towards Bognor.


Heading back towards Owen Sound way we came by this place where the gentleman makes custom bird houses for Purple Martins.  Amazing woodworking skills !  I kept one of his business cards, just in case, as I love Birdhouses.


These photos were take heading up towards the Kemble Mountain.  The third one overlooking down over the Valley would be where my friend, Abby Miners lives.  The last photo was up on the top.


We arrived back to Wiarton passing by Colpoy's Bay.  This day was being enjoyed by so many in so many ways.


Dinner was excellent with a Smoke Picnic Ham, Bean & Feta Salad, Baked Potatoes and Black Forest Cake for dessert.


Rob and I went down to the Bluewater Park for a walk after Dinner.  Yes it has been a beautiful Thanksgiving Sunday spent with good friends, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific shots! I've heard of those falls, but I haven't been there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, some familiar photos there. Glad you got down to see Walter's Falls - a neat place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Wasn't yesterday's weather fabulous?!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...