Thursday 16 April 2015

Create A Mess

Last evening was the Wiarton District Chamber of Commerce's Annual General Meeting.  It had been held at the Wiarton Curling Club.  Rob and I attended.

What an amazing AGM this year was.  I was overwhelmed at the local businesses who so generously donated Door Prizes.  The caterer was Cater Pro, who served up a most delicious dinner.

Lots of thought went into presentation.  Great job on behalf of the WDCC staff.

  

Truly the food was great choices, done to perfection.  Dessert? well you can tell by looking at it how good that was.


The MC was both amusing, but professional, hitting on "key" facts within the Community.  Speakers, BP Mayor Janice Jackson, MP Larry Miller, and Caframo Owner, Tony Solecki were interesting to listen to with everything they presented taken in by all in attendance.

President, Paul Deacon, spoke on behalf of the Chamber, as did key members of Chamber Sub-Committees the Wiarton Willie Festival, Revitalization Committee, and Canada Day.

End result was the whole night being a successful Chamber AGM.  Good job to all who volunteer within the Chamber and its sub-committees, who bring it all about within the Community of Wiarton.  Everyone left with a walking stick, compliments of Bruce County, and a Brief Case bag generously donated by RAM Trophies & Sportswear, Wiarton.  

When Rob and I had returned home we took care of our Aussies then went directly to bed.  First night in our brand new mattress (3rd one) was a SUCCESS !!!  very very very comfortable.  The only problem I had with it was when I got up through the night to find myself "falling" out of bed, as I had forgotten how high up I had been.  Hopefully I get used of the height again, as our first pillow top had been this high.

This morning I had actually put a dent in the cleaning department !!!  this is a good sign of my feeling better.

Yes I always manage to create a mess before I get a mess cleaned up.  End result is always very rewarding though, is it not?


Mark your calendars Bruce Peninsula residents as the OPP is doing a "old" or "no longer" required drug collection.

This Prescription Drug Drive prevents our landfills from having drugs dumped into them.  Sure wouldn't want a Bear or a Seagull to be wandering around "loopy" now would you?


This afternoon I had a meeting to attend to.  When I got home Rob suggested we have French Toast for our Dinner.  Yes French Toast is yummy for Dinner, just sorry I didn't have a side of bacon to go along with it.

The weather must be changing up with rain arriving again, as the makings of a migraine aura began before dinner.  Yes I took meds, however they have not yet taken effect.

I am looking forward to my bed tonight, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...