Tuesday 10 December 2013

Ontario NEEDS YOU !

It is starting to feel like the 80's in Ontario !  Not only my Son's Company has closed the doors and gone into receivership, but also Kellogg Canada in London, Ontario is now closing it's doors, with Heinz in Leamington, Ontario, announcing a mere month ago that it's doors are closing.  RIM

OH Ontario !  what is going on here.  Truly is there going to be any jobs available in Ontario's future?  A *sad* state of economy it has become more and more by the months.  Hey Companies, Ontario needs YOU !

My Sister, Jeanne, who lives in Newfoundland with her husband, Cecil (who is a born & raised Newfy), had her friend, Brenda, post some photos for us on her Facebook page.

I certainly LOVE technology for this exact reason.  It is nice to see my Sister's home even though I have never been there.


I do not know where anyone else is, but I found it on the tad cold side today.  Thank goodness the wind wasn't out of the East or we would have really been in trouble.

The lake that formed in our field last month froze over, the wind was gusting snow squalls through downtown Wiarton, and other parts today, and really who camps out in the Winter? not me ! but obviously someone who had their RV parked down in Bluewater Park this afternoon.  Brr ....


My day was EXTREMELY uneventful, other then I got to speak to a couple of my blogger friends this day.  I had a brief "catch-up" with my blogger friend, Lynn of Turnips & Tangerines, and a long overdue "catch-up" with my friend, Gillian of That British Woman.

I do have to apologize to those Blogger friends who I have not been able to drop by and visit their blogs on a daily basis as I used to at one time, as I have been so out of routine and busy.  However I have been trying to do my best to drop in at each when I can to have a read and leave a comment, as I do enjoy each and every one.

I was thrilled to have gotten the paperwork for both October & November sorted, organized and all ready to be entered onto the Crabby Cabbie Books.  This is usually half the battle, so hooray for me !!  Ha, another thing I noticed today when signing up for an offer my friend, Toni with an "i" had sent me, it really stood out that when I select the drop down box to put in my Year of Birth that my Year keeps going further down on the list.  What's up with that?  


I was happy, and usually so, when there are leftover to heat up for our Dinner.  Before coming home, Rob asked if I would use the grater his Mom always used.  Truly I do not like my potatoes grated as such, preferring mine chunked to fry.  *Sigh* but I never relent much to Rob's wish on this, but today ....

Yes here is the "antique" grater, the same one Rob's Mom used to have that he had bought at a Mennonite Garage Sale years ago when we lived in Waterloo.  Don't you absolutely fried potatoes nicely browned with a Crust?  The leftover Cabbage Roll Casserole went along well with the fried grated taters.  It was great leftover dinner we both enjoyed.


Hmmm... any more rants or raves by "moi" this day? none that come to my mind at the moment, but should I give myself more time I am certain I could come up with something.

I had an lovely email shared to me that included a video that I also would like to share .... thanks Bess for sharing with me.


The wind is howling outside with the wood stove heat is feeling quite wonderful, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. All thse jobs get replaced by Mcjobs... so a company can make a bit more profit elsewhere. Their only loyalty is their bottom line.

    My siblings are all scattered too... and there are some long term tensions there as well, so in a couple of cases I might never see their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been struggling to keep up with everyone's blogs too. I'd love you to read my last post though if you can. OB wanted me to share the fact that he has Tourettes Syndrome, so I did. Love to you and all your family Cindy. x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...