Thursday 8 March 2012

Wow !!! It's Been A Whole Year Of Blogging !!!

Holy smoly, I can't believe I have been "blogging" a complete whole Year already, but then again I can't believe this April it has also been 3 years since I have had a cigarette either ... oh my shattered nerves !  LOL

Wow, what a cool way to reflect back for a whole year from the first day I blogged on March 7th 2011, HERE (my paternal Grandfather's Birthday at that, so my Auntie Gladys informed me tonight).

It certainly is a good way to refer back if I so need to prove a point to my whereabouts anytime, since I am have been know to forget at times what I have done or where I have been.  There has been days, when I have had to look back a couple days to see what I had done that week .... thank God I have my own back covered, LOL.

You have "Blogged A Long Way, Baby !  

... and so I began my day with a pretty "poopy" start, as poor little Mercedes was sick to her stomach first thing this morning.  I no sooner got that cleaned up, before realizing she had also had an "inside" poop job for me to then cleanup .... UGH !  Not like her at all, as she hasn't had an inside accident for quite some time now.  Once that was all looked after I made my way right into the shower ! 

Once Bandit and Lexus' needs where looked after, and a load of laundry hung up, I was out the door to do a little bit of .....

... this, since Thursday mornings are the VON SMART exercise program.  I was right at the top of the North Hill going into Wiarton when I realized I didn't have my running shoes !  Turn around I did, to go back home to retrieve them, since I am sure it wouldn't have been too fashionable to wear my big Winter boots to exercise?

I should get one of the other gals at exercise take a picture of me in action, as I am so sure this clipart is a perfect likeness of ME !!!  LOL ....

With that all done and over with I returned home to get a start on our Dinner ....




"Since my dear Rob informed me it was too windy to BBQ, I had to resort to using the oven's broiler."


"They turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself."


"Once Dinner was all over with, I wasn't satisfied with the mess I had to clean up from that, I had to make more of a mess and make this .... "


Finally just after my "Crabby Cabbie" had left to do what he does best, I got to take off for downtown again to meet up with my friend for a walk.  

Let me tell you, if you are ever out and about Wiarton, there is always something going on somewhere and sometime that a meal can be had here or there ....


This coming Saturday, the 10th of March there is a Spaghetti Dinner being held at the Salvation Army, 576 Edward Street, Wiarton, across from the Wiarton Propeller Club, at 5:00 pm by donation only.  Come one, come all !  An event I think I might consider taking in myself ?

I am sure it was after 5:00 pm by the time I returned home after walking.  After the "pack" were all taken care of I sat down to relax to have myself a coffee and blueberry muffin, but the scenery was something else ....


Now would you call this, "Bum's Up Relaxation"?"


My Rip-tail Snorter #1, Aiden James, is coming to stay with Grandma, Poppa, and the "pack" for March Break.  After my little bit of relaxation was over with and the scenery had expired, I thought I would go back out into the kitchen to make another mess and whip up a pan of "Zucchini & Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting" for when our boy does arrive, we will have some snacking food for him ....





I am going to wait until the "boy" has arrived to frost this, and give it the "taste test", but until then I would love to share the recipe as follows:

Carrot and Zucchini Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe Courtesy of Better Homes & Garden

2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp baking soda


Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 oz) pkg reduced fat cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, oil, honey, and vanilla. Don’t worry about clumps of the brown sugar, those will dissolve as it sits while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Then fold in the carrot, zucchini, and walnuts

In another bowl combine add the flour, baking powder, ginger, and baking soda. Whisk to blend together.
Add to flour mixture to the wet mixture. Stir just until combined. Spread batter into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Once the cake is cooled prepare the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the fosting ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread or pipe the frosting over the cooled bars. Makes 36 bars.

I thought this was not only an Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 recipe, it is also a healthy one too.

Hopefully I don't forget, but as a reminder don't you forget ....


...also I haven't forgot I am doing a Tribute to Johnny Cash, and my own Father, Harold Edwin "Fritz" Masterson who loved him, this week, so here we go..... "Sue".



Another day almost over, or at least almost over for me, as I think I will be hitting the "sack" very shortly first with a little TV down time here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

6 comments:

  1. love the cartoon of you also Mercerdes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and those steaks look delicious'

    Daughter and partner coming down tomorrow (avec jeunes bébés phoques)so all hands on deck today to "puppy-proof" the back yard against two holy terrors - but we will be BBQ-ing two racks of lamb for our dinner tomorrow (Saturday) evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1-year anniversary! That's a big achievement. And looks like you celebrated pretty well :) Yummy dinner and dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!! Love the photo of the doggies back end, they do have a hard life don't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Have fun with your grandson as I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog anniversay and you sent that sodding snow down to us didn't you!!!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...