Tuesday 6 March 2012

Stripper & Wall Prepper Needed "Cheap" !

I went down, down, down ... and the flames went higher.



...another Great Hit by the late Johnny Cash, in memory this week of Johnny and my Father, "Fritz" Harold Edwin Masterson.

I just sat myself down now, it being 6:20 pm, after doing this ....


"With only this left to be finished."


I know I am going to be going down down down into that "Ring of Fire" myself for the next couple of days, as my neck will be out of commission from accomplishing what I did get done today.  After the little bit left is finished, the walls will then have to be washed, with any holes or dents filled prior to them being painted.  Any takers ....

"Stripper & Wall Prepper Need, Cheap !!!  Oh, with maybe a Painter thrown in along with that?"

LOL, I don't know how much I could pay some one need they apply, but I could fix them up a meal or two I am sure ?

I tried out a new Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 Chicken Recipe for our Dinner today.  Rob even loved it, even though it was Chicken (again) !!!  I also made our favorite Cauliflower Casserole to go along with it that I haven't made for quite some time.

"The chicken in its sauce on the back burner waiting to go into the oven while the mushrooms & celery were being sauteed."


"A Roux was made before the milk was added and sauce thickened."


"All done baking in the oven with 2 helpings already gone missing !"


"Um, mm ... was this Dinner of chicken & sauce, cauliflower casserole and baked potato ever enjoyed by Rob and myself today."


The recipe for the Sticky Baked Chicken calls for thighs, however I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead.  Here is the recipe:

3 Ingredient Sticky Chicken (serves 6)

3/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
6 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp maple syrup
12 small skinless chicken thighs


Preheat oven to 400*F.  Line pan with foil for easy cleanup.  Whisk 3 ingredients together, pour over chicken to coat completely.  Bake 25 minutes or until juices run clear.  Serve with extra sauce from pan.


Per serving of 2 thighs:  239 cal.; 7 g fat; 20 mg calcium; 928 sodium; 15g carbs; 0 g fibre; 26 g protein; Excellent in niacin & zinc.

I found this recipe in a stack of loose recipes written on a tiny bit of paper.  This is one recipe I am sure I had copied from a Doctor's office waiting for an appointment at some point in years gone by.  I am sure it was the "3 ingredients" catching my eye at that time!!!   Happy I was able to finally come across it again to try it out, as it seems I have another "keeper" to be filed along with all the others.

And now for the one which hadn't been done for some time:

Cauliflower Casserole

1 large cauliflower
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp melted butter


Break cauliflower into florets and cook until tender; drain.  Saute mushrooms and celery in butter until tender.  Blend in flour, salt and mustard.  Gradually stir in milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.  Add cheese and stir until melted.  Put cauliflower into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and pour sauce over.  Combine cracker crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over casserole.  Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes.


Serves 4.

Note:  I didn't have any crackers so I used Panko bread crumbs.

Rob absolutely LOVES this Cauliflower Casserole, as do I.  A great one to serve when "Company is Coming" !

I wish after Dinner went as well as Dinner went, however unsuspectingly it hadn't gone too well.

We had got ready to go pick Rob's "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle up from the mechanics, and my truck wouldn't start !!!  Oh man, one thing right after another for us, or so it seems like there is.  Thank goodness we have my van as back up, so it came out of Winter storage today.

Two things with the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle, and now something wrong with the truck, so will that be the "three" to hold us over for awhile?  I am hoping .... lol.

I was doing some reading over at the Eat Right website with regards to the "Get Your Plate Into Shape" March Challenge, and came across a couple very informative links for those of us on "Budgets".  Please feel free to check them out, taking what applies and leaving the rest !

Healthy Eating on a Budget  http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-on-budget.html 


Menu Samples  http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/downloads/Sample_Menus-2000Cals-DG2010.pdf

The past few days I feel I have been back paddling.  With my neck being stressed with pain I haven't been on my exercises like I should .... best be getting back on that "band wagon" again soon, so I can at least loose 1 lb (hopefully) by the end of March, eh?  LOL

I belong to a couple of Facebook Swap Groups.  This afternoon, I happened to come across some of the cutest little knit items I have ever seen, would anyone NOT agree?


"... and check out the matching hat !!!  Adorable is it not?"


Interested yet?  Well let me "hook" ya up to this lady with these "adorable" items, as she just so happens to have a website if you "click" on the following link:

http://barbiebasics.tripod.com/customhats.html

... as well as her own "Group Page" on Facebook at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/192476210856729/

...AND !!!  She is located right in our very own "County of Bruce".  Drop on in on the above web links, and see what else Lynne is up to making.  Hopefully in my travels I will be down in the Tiverton area some day and be able to personally meet up with the lady who is responsible for all these "adorable" items.  Thanks Lynne !

Just looking up at the clock, an hour has passed since I sat down to begin this post.  I think it is time to wrap things up here and get myself some supper here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. have to make note of that cauliflower casserole ,looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyy! I found Four Cheese Mexican Mix on our supermarket cooler shelves today - got a packet and also another of Four Cheese Pizza Mix and For Cheese Italian Mix.

    Don't know if I'll try the Mexican Corn Fritter dish with the Mexican Four Cheese Mix - Rhonda is 'corn intolerant' - but I'll probably use it to do a mild chili pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will have a go at that sticky chicken next time I have chicken, looks and sounds good.

    Those knitted items are so cute and really cheap, just need some grandchildren now!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking supper, will have to give the chicken recipe a try soon, thanks!! I to have lots of recipe's floating around the hous that I need to get a handle on, may need to do a challenge to get it done!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...