Monday 26 March 2012

Feeling Just A "Tad" Nervous Today

Up and at it this morning, with everybody looked after and the bed made, and out the door at 9:00 am, as I had to make a "road trip" down to Port Elgin today.

"I passed by a cool looking old "vintage" Case tractor for sale at the Sauble Speedway & Marylake Roads."


I made it to Port Elgin in good time, with a bit of time to kill before I met up with my "Crabby Cabbie" for a coffee, as he was busy with a couple of fares, so I headed on up the road to check out ....

"The "R.S. Liquidator Store located on Hwy 21 at the CAW Road in Port Elgin, since I had been hearing so much about it the past few days, I thought I would check it out myself."


"I even got to meet its owner, Roger, who obliged me by showing me a selection of running shoes I was interested in."


"Lot of selection with a wide variety of goods can be purchased at R.S. Liquidators."


".... and of course the selection of shoes I had been inquiring about."


Heading over to Port Elgin sometime?  Drop in and check them out yourself, or go to their Facebook Page at the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RS-Liquidator/114040301950933

... a store, when I have more time, I will be going back to further "check out".

I had gotten a phone call from my "Crabby Cabbie" on my Cell, letting me know he would "hook up" with me at the Tim Hortons in Southampton for coffee.  Off I went, but by the time he had handed me a coffee he had gotten me, he was getting another call and was off again doing what he does best !

I had one more "pit stop" in Southampton, then it was "off" home to "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

"This is a sight you see, more often then not, the past few years and more, here in Ontario."


"Further up the road it was nice to see one had been redone, giving it a new lease on life, however I suspect maybe not for "farming" since there is no evidence of farm equipment or such around the yard."


"South Bruce Peninsula was out doing a little "Spring" cleaning on their roadways on this cold Sunny day, with temps just a "tad" above the 0*F (32*F) and cold North winds blowing .... brr."


When I did arrive back in Wiarton, I had one more stop at our bank before I made it home just before the hour of 1:00 pm.  The remainder of the afternoon was spent making some necessary phone calls, as well as getting our bathroom cleaned from top to bottom .... oh crap, I just remembered, the tub still needs doing !

My "Crabby Cabbie" did a day shift today, so he called me around 6:30 to give me a 1/2 "window" to have our Supper ready.  

I tried a "new" veggie dish out to go along with the Venison Sausage I did up in the Slow Cooker.  It was a Zucchini Square dish made with Bisquick.

"Ingredients all set out and ready for action."


"Oops, almost forgot the Parsley !"


"Mix everything all together well in one bowl."


"Spread out in a greased baking dish; place in a 350*F oven for 35 minutes or until nicely browned."


"40 minutes later (in my oven) and nicely browned it is."


"With a bit of butter over top it was "simply" delish and Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 to make.  Oh and the Venison Sausage was very good too."


I will be definitely adding this recipe to my ever building collection, as another "keeper" for when our own garden grown Zucchini comes into Season this Summer.  Oh yes, and the recipe for the Zucchini Squares is:

  • INGREDIENTS:

    3 cups zucchini, sliced
    1 cup Bisquick baking mix
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons parsley
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 dash black pepper
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    eggs, slightly beaten

    DIRECTIONS:

    Combine all ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and mixture is set.

    NUTRITION:

    191 calories13 grams fat12 grams carbohydrates7 grams protein per serving. This recipe is low in carbs.

NOTE:  1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar may be added, however is optional

While our Supper was baking in the oven we had a visitor in our back field.  A more common sight this Spring since our horses are now gone.


"So pretty and graceful she is.  Eek, I sure hope she doesn't realize what I was serving for our Supper tonight ! "


Just myself and Lena are checking in this week, with our updates for the March Eatright Challenge we began at the first of the Month, HERE, with March being "National Nutrition Month".

Cindy:  No Changes, not even a -1/4 lb. in weight, nor a smidgen in inches;

I really need to get more exercise time in, regardless of how fatigued or overwhelmed I have been feeling.

Lena:  Lena's whole family, herself, husband and two boys have been sick for over a week

Lena has been  keeping up with her water and multi-vitamin intake, however exercise just wasn't feasible with being ill the past week and tending for her family.

I have a "super" full day tomorrow with the VON Grey-Bruce "Day Away for the Caregiver" ... with feeling just a "tad" nervous about it, as I had been asked to deliver a speech at this get together of 60 people or so.

It will be more like read of what I have prepared, as to memorize anymore?  that was long gone with Grade School I am afraid.  Wish me some very "huge" luck, along with much needed prayers, that I don't pass out from "stage" fright !!!!  Now wouldn't that be a sight?  ... but what better place to have that happen then at a VON (Victorian Order of Nurses) function .... LOL !

I am tired, with Supper dishes still in the sink to be done up and my body crying out for a "hot" shower.   I best get at it, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for you tomorrow but I know you will do great ! just take it slow looking forward to hearing how well you did !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get Bisquik products over here. so I'm not certain as to what to use as its replacement - maybe a dry sauce sachet or a dry soup powder? - but I'd sure like to give it a try.

    Venison is also as rare as hens's teeth but I could always find some other form of spicey sausage, perhaps a Spanish morcilla which is a blood sausage with many regional variants. The most well-known and widespread is morcilla de Burgos which contains mainly pork blood and fat, rice, onions, and salt. Or, maybe dinuguan, a popular Mongolian blood sausage. In Mongolia a special method of killing sheep was made mandatory by Ghengis Khan in order to save blood for sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your days are packed full and that veggie dish sounds truly wonderful. I'm sure you'll wow the audience with your speech. Enjoy the day. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little shops you share with us! Locally owned businesses are the way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...