Saturday 31 March 2012

Cya March 2012 As April Will Be Crowding In Shortly


"March has gone out like a "Lamb" today, so the "little" guy won out .... hooray.  It was touch and go last night with the snow we were having !  I was able to get three loads of laundry washed and hanging out on the clothesline today, so how nice was that?."


I can't wait to have a nice hot bath and crawl between the fresh natural smell of Spring still clinging to the bedding tonight ... surely what a piece of "heaven" must be like.

"There appears to be already a head start on onions that had been overlooked last Fall."


  "By the look of the Pond, Rob and I have our work cut out for us in the way of Spring Cleaning again this Year."


"The colourful "sticky pads" I had purchased did a good job of looking after my little Cluster Fly problem in the inside laundry room door.  Ewwwww ..... Rob wasn't around to dispose of this gross piece of fly leftovers for me, so I got "stuck" doing it myself.  "Stuck" being the operative word here of course .... lol."


What a "day" I have had !  There is always so much going on in, out, around and about Wiarton, how can one not be busy???


 "I had to drop around to "The Cluttered Cupboard" downtown Wiarton today before we met up for our planned luncheon date."



"The "Cluttered Cupboard" not only has some pretty neat items to be had, but a fantastic selection of Yarns, as well."


I happened to also get to meet Holly Morrow, who along with her husband, Bill, own The Cluttered Cupboard.  I love following them on their Facebook page to see what new items they have coming into their "cupboard", at any given time.

You can find "The Cluttered Cupboard's" location downtown Wiarton, behind the Main street at:

563 Louisa, Phone: 519-534-9810;
Hours of Operation:  Tue - Thu:9:00 am-5:00 am; Fri:9:00 am-5:00 pm; Sat:10:00 am-4:00 am  

and/or check out their Facebook Page at:  https://www.facebook.com/theclutteredcupboard

After my delightful visit at The Cluttered Cupboard had ended, I carried on downtown and over to ....

"My most favorite place to have lunch in Wiarton, none other then the "The Green Door Cafe"."


"Rob had the Whitefish (with fries *sigh* & veggies, Yeah !)."


"Darol had the Chicken Breasts on a bun (with fries *sigh*)"


"Delores & I had the Caesar Chicken Wrap with the Tomato Basil Soup on the side (Yeah! for the side choice)."


"The Green Door Cafe is very quaint, however small, so Reservations are recommended to ensure you wouldn't be disappointed on not getting a seat and miss out on their fantastic food fare."


"There goes that "wonderful" couple who dropped into town to treat us for lunch.  Rob's sister, Delores, and her husband, Darol."


Delores and Darol are on a little weekend Get Away at The Evergreen Forest B&B, located just before Wiarton in a lovely secluded spot which absolutely "reeks" with comfort and relaxation.  I have been there on a little visit myself, and trust me it is not only located in a "prime" setting, the hospitality of your Hosts Caroline and Doug Murray will overwhelm you as well.

The Evergreen Forest B&B actually are having a Mid-Week Special, so if you are in need of a little R & R, check out the mid-week deals being offered at the B & B at the following link:

http://evergreen-bed-and-breakfast.com/book-a-b-b-room.html

I can assure you, you definitely would not be disappointed !

Wiarton just gets busier and busier all time, as "What is coming up "to do" very soon, you might ask?"


BJ’s Zumba Gold
for Older, Active Adults
Bringing Fun to Fitness
$5. / Drop-in
 Spring Sessions Starting
Wiarton Arena Upstairs
Tuesdays 7 - 8 pm
10 Apr – 15 May
and
Sauble Beach Community Centre
Thursdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm
12 Apr – 17 May 
Call 519-534-3687 for info
Zumba with BJ Guest, is not only a night out of getting "fit", it is also a social night out having "fun" !  Check it out but calling the above phone number to find out for yourself.
There has been a few new followers who have joined me here of late.  Thank you for joining, as those who are here with me do "inspire" me to keep on "blogging".  I also enjoy knowing I have others to share my opinions and journey with.  Thank you to all.
Earth Hour is going to be happening here in about 5 more minutes, so I am going to wrap it up with calling it a night here soon, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Why is the door to "The Green Door" painted white?

    Good post, yet again, great to see what life is like on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your town is so sweet, love seeing all the old buildings. Your lunch looks much better than Mr Crabby Cabbies, Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day - you have such lovely shops and the washing and onions look great. I love things growing and washing blowing in the wind xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice of lunch! :) Looks so yummy. I'm with Debby. I love how neat and welcoming your town is!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...