Tuesday 3 January 2023

Steal of a Deal

 I didn't think I was going to get a post in today... I have the feeling this is going to be my starting line every day, as I am always beyond busy.  

We have ongoing renos which, I hope, are going to wrap up soon.  I am excited to share all that in a later post.  We renovated our bedroom & downstairs washroom 2 years ago, last year the main floor bathroom, living/dining room & foyer, 2022 starting in October, I think? I will have to check back on that with my photos, making one of the spare bedrooms into our upstairs laundry room, & I am LOVING it! the other spare bedroom also had a complete makeover, new stairs coming up from the foyer, and... I think that's it.  Enough to say, "I am so done with renos for now".  The only thing left to do upstairs is the kitchen, and that will be a huge chunk of money, especially for the countertop, the cupboards I would just reface & paint, easy peasy, and the flooring was already done last year.  Another post for sure.

I have to say our downstairs dog room, and the pup's whelping pen is cleaner then our upstairs living quarters.  Between changing their bedding, feeding them, washing their bedding, washing dishes, and other puppy cares it's a fulltime job in it's self.  I love them & since a young girl it was one of my dreams to breed dogs, and it is one dream which has been fulfilled.

Today they all had their first mani/pedi, which I am certain Mama Tesla will be appreciative those sharp cutting little talons have been clipped back.  All 10 of them were so very good without any squiggling at all, much to my relief.

Once the pups had arrived I thought what in the heck was I thinking when I sold our old washer/dryer set ! all the puppy bedding to be handwashed in the laundry tub & hung to dry in the basement by the wood stove, as it definitely wasn't going in our new washer/dryer.  Last week I thought to myself, I wish I could get a good used washer for $50. which is near impossible for what I had seen when I put ours up for sale.  For whatever moved me, in the wee hours of this past Sunday morning, I checked on Facebook's Marketplace... a front load washer popped right up for $50 !  I couldn't believe it, so I messaged the person right then & there hoping it hadn't been sold already.  At a descent hour in the morning the lady responded to me saying it was available !!!  Happy happy me ... Rob went to Owen Sound Monday afternoon, and had it hooked up as soon as he had gotten home with it.  I couldn't believe my luck, & I can also use if for throw rugs as well.

My 2009 Steal of a Deal, as the lady advertised, "works like a charm". 

The only issue was the mold around the inside gasket.  The lady had told Rob it was stained, however in reality the door hadn't been left open each time after use for it to dry out.  I put it through a cycle with Affresh washing machine cleaner, and tomorrow I will make a concoction with baking soda & vinegar.  More cleaning ideas, if I have no success, here: Cleaning Tips for a Front Load Washer Gasket.

Every day is a busy day so...

This is all she wrote this day...."Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard"


7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought about keeping a washing machine open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Bates Adams3 January 2023 at 20:31

    I leave the front washing door open after every load. I have washed the washer gasket with vinegar and water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told there is a magnet that you can get that will keep the washer door open after a load. Probably on Amazon. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep both of mine open all the time too. If I don't they smell awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Besides keeping door open, put vinegar in softener slot as well as bleach slot. Really helps. Instead of fabric softener, which leaves the residue, use dryer balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I never use softener, have always used vinegar instead, & never bleach. Never use dryer sheets either in the dryer. I have allergies to scents, so I use basic non-scent laundry strips. Always use dryer balls.

      Delete
  6. wow.. that’s an amazing deal!! 🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...