Thursday 12 September 2013

Where Was I ???? Road Trip !

I did get to watch the very last Episode of MasterChef last night, but dozed off when they were competing on the Desserts ... to wake up to see Luca had won it.  Oh man, oh man ! at least I seen most of the show except the very most important part HERE

This morning? I was awake and up at 4 am.  Why could I not have just slept in until 6 am like most normal people? but then again what is "normal" in this day and time?

6:45 am out the door and off I went out into the then rainy dark of the day ...

10 am I had arrived at my destination where the aromas and sights were beyond appealing to my senses.


Lookie there, my Road Trip partners in Crime, my Friend Toni with an "i" and Abby with a "y".  Abby of Miners' Maple Products was checking out the "competition", almost even having her head in the Pickle Barrel (by the way the Maple Butter? Maple Extract, not REAL Maple Syrup).  Toni? she had been hunting out goodies to take home to her sweetheart, Bob.


Yes my two friends & I had been on a "Road Trip" to the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, where we had a grand old time together.  Either the girls had been before.  The fun did not end there as we had a Chauffeur take us all about Kitchener-Waterloo, first to Bo-de Sweets, the K-W Surplus Store where there was one big honking Pizza Pan, and a suit we thought might suffice for Toni's Bob as a Flight Suit (think not as she never purchased it for him), and then to the Weston Bakery Outlet where we got ourselves some real awesome deals !  Bread at .50 cents a loaf, can you believe it ????


Here is our Chauffeur ... my Son, Paul with his gal pal, Elizabeth.  They were really good taking the three of us loud crazy woman by getting us around town; very brave souls the two of them were.  Once we had left Paul and Liz where they dropped us off back at the Market, us three crazy Woman headed towards Elmira to have us some lunch at the Crossroads Restaurant.  After an amazing lunch, we of courses checked out their Gift & Quilt Shops that are two pretty cool places to be checking out.  Last stop was the Mennonite Thrift Shop in Elmira, were the girls got a couple of items.  I am happy Abby is my friend, as she does not mind posing our finds one iota !  Thanks Abby.  Toni was probably relieved I was giving her a break from being in front of my camera.


Check out the places Toni with an "i", Abby with a "y", and "I", were at today:

The St. Jacob's Market:  http://www.stjacobs.com/farmers-market

BO-DE Sweets:  http://bodefoods.ca/about.html

K-W Surplus Store:  http://www.kwsurplus.com/

Weston's Bakery Outlet:  http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Kitchener/Weston-Bakeries-Outlet-Store/7613021.html

At The Crossroads Restaurant:  http://www.crossroadsrestaurant.ca/

MCC Thrift Store:  http://thrift.mcc.org/shops/elmira-mcc-thrift-shop

It doesn't seem like 10 years has passed since Rob and I lived minutes away from all these places.  Surely where does the time go to? this is why I want to live my life as much as I can, as it goes too darn fast.

We made it back into Bruce County to our drop-off points about 5:00 pm.  We all had an awesome "Road Trip" together, already with tentative plans for another..

It is 8:30 pm and dark as anything out there right now.  I hate it when it does not stay light until 9 anymore, and more so when the clocks Fall back again making it dark even earlier.  Oh well, this is the way of the World, and this girl's World hopefully has some sleep in it for her this night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day you had. Just my kind of fun also. We were at Crossroads on Tues. we left the boat and went straight to see my mom in Listowel, but when we got there she was just waiting for a baby shower (one of the nurses had twins) to begin and so we snuck back out and went down to Crossroads, had some lunch and then went back to see her. I love the food, the quilt shop and of course the gift shop. Especially like the gift shop at Christmas time. I also love the K-W Surplus store.they often have some fun stuff in there. I got a camping toaster for the boat (holds bread over a burner just like those old fashioned manual toasters in there last year.So nice of Paul and Liz to cart you crazy ladies all around. Glad you had a good day.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun girls' day out! I will take that road (or shopping) trip one of these days.
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls about town....a dangerous thing!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always famished when I read your blogs!

    It's good to see the farmer's market at St. Jacob's is adapting to what's happened. My cousin sells apples there, as far as I know, though I'm not sure if he does both days that it's on. I think he also goes to another market during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day (minus waking up at 4 am :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...