Saturday 28 September 2013

Out & About, This & That

This morning I could have been very pro-active, but I choose not to this day as I was too darn tired and decided I just would not do much of anything.  

What I did have to do though is make a trip downtown Wiarton to our bank.  I thought I would call up a friend to see if she could join me on my jaunt downtown.  

Indeed she was able  to join me so I had scooped her up on my way by and we headed first over to the Wiarton Salvation Army Thrift store as today was their $4.00 Bag Day Sale.  This Bag Day Sale occurs at the last Saturday of every month, wherein you can fill a bag of clothes for the cost of $4.00.  All other items in the store are half price.  I did well today by getting myself a much needed new rain slicker, a pair of pants, and Rob a brand new long sleeve shirt.  Pay Dirt !  I had also picked up four 3" Binders for the Wiarton Chamber.  All of this cost me less then $7.00.

Then we headed into the Berford Street Tea Room where I had a Raspberry Tea, whilst my friend had a Lemon Tea along with a Homemade Strawberry Scone with Homemade Jam.  My friend, who lived in England most of her life was reminded of the Tea Shops she used to frequent back then.  Next stop was the Wiarton Chamber offices, then a hop, skip and a jump over to the Old Train Station in Bluewater Park, which is not only quaint and full of History, it also houses the Wiarton Tourism Information Centre.  Last stop was up the North Hill on our way back home where we stopped in at the Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge where we went in to admire the Antiques and treat ourselves to a Hokey Pokey Ice Cream Cone.  I had never had this flavour before, and really it was very Delish.


Really my friend and I could have spent the whole day going Out & About, doing This & That, but I did have a guilty twinge that I should be back home cutting the lawn.  Off I went after depositing my friend to her home first.

I was happy that Rob had jumped on the other lawn tractor to help me get the lawn cut this afternoon.

I was even happier I had put a Chicken in the Crock Pot this morning.


After the lawn had been cut, Rob and I headed down to our local grocery store to pickup a salad to go along with our Chicken for Dinner.

Our very first Green Pepper from our own Veggie Garden that the frost had not yet made claim to, sliced to go along with our Chicken and Greek Salad.  Dinner was a hit.


No there was no dessert, not that I needed any since I had splurged by having that Hokey Pokey Ice Cream Cone, however speaking of desserts with Thanksgiving just around the corner ....

... should you not feel like Baking for this upcoming Thanksgiving, take advantage of the Wiarton District Optimist Club's Pie Fundraiser.  Get your order in Early so you do not miss out.


Also DeJong Acres Farm Store is having their 3rd Annual Thanksgiving "Open House".  Another event you might not want to miss out on.  I am hoping the weather is beautiful those days, as I will be going out to pick out Halloween Pumpkins for my Grandchildren, which I try to buy for them every year, which also supports the Wiarton Kid's Den.


Yes I had attended the very first and second Thanksgiving Open Houses at DeJong Acres Farm, HERE & HERE respectfully.

My dear "Crabby Cabbie" Rob has left for work, and I sit thinking how I dislike it getting dark outside so early now.  I dread when the Clocks go back an hour, as I will really not like that.

My neck is in frightful pain this evening with a slight headache making itself known.  I am going to take my Aussies out and about one more time this day, then a hot shower for myself before calling it a day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, that chicken looks so good. We arrived back home from our trip to the Maritimes late this afternoon and I went straight in and put some frozen chicken breasts and chunks of carrots into the roasting pan and into the oven as there was virtually no food for the hungry travellers. Had a great trip, got the wool to the Mill in Bloomfield and hopefully some nice warm blankets will be coming to DeJong Acres in the near future. The weather was great, the colours were beautiful and now Barry is planning on going back with more wool next year, when he would like to see the Cabot Trail and Nova Scotia which we did not try to see as we did not want to rush through it. Looking forward to seeing you at the Open House on Thanksgiving Weekend.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scones are always a great treat.

      If you've got something like a heating pad, or a heating bag you can toss in the microwave, try using that for the neck.

      Delete
  2. I am always amazed at the wonderful and quaint city you live in Cindy~ So many things to do and see:) So much different than me...living in the woods of Northern WI~ I am also not looking forward to the time change:( Not looking forward to it getting dark out at 4:30 pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we are bunch of sickies eh? so sorry about the headache. Has the flu hit your neck of the woods yet? as my niece the kindergarten teacher said, Peterborough is a cesspool of illness right now. YUCK! I have a headache from sinus congestion. Hope it lets go before the barometer starts to plummet.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...