Tuesday 13 December 2011

Finally I Fell Into a "Pot" Of Great Savings !

Wake up and set aside an hour for personal development activities (meditation, self-introspection, observing nature, etc.) Do the things that make you feel blissful, optimistic and empowered so that you can set a positive tone for your day. I guarantee that once you start doing this, your days will be more enjoyable and fulfilling. Today is going to be the best day of your life. 
This Life Secret and Tip is a most wonderful idea, however not everyone has a hour to spare first thing in their day so I would imagine even 15 minutes would suffice to lead one's self towards a positive frame of mind.  Most days I find typing my blog help sets a positive mood for myself, one for which I am usually most totally grateful for.My yesterday was one of accomplishment and savings.  Wow, not too often I can say I get both all in the same day!I first started out with getting all the vacuuming out of the way then onto the task of cleaning the whole of my kitchen counter top.  I am sure after all the commotion going on in my kitchen this past Sunday I missed a drop or speck of something somewhere, as I know there is also a spot or two on the kitchen floor I felt to be a little bit sticky ..... that will maybe be addressed later this week, unless I find myself ever not able to unstick myself ?"All nice and squeaky clean awaiting  my next cooking or baking spree."

I had planned on going to the Bell Centre in Owen Sound to have my Cellular Phone Plan switched over to the new Blackberry phone, so I invited my Cousin Susanne to go along with me.  I met Susanne after she got off work at 1:00 p.m., and we headed out together.What a great adventure we had shopping together, with both of us coming out of the Dollar Store with a big bag of "stuff", with mine only costing just over $11.00.  Before the days of the Dollar Store, I am sure my purchases would have been over $30.00.  Thank goodness for the Dollar Store !Onto the Heritage Mall we then went to the Bell Store were I was to see George, the guy who gave me excellent Customer Service the time before, for him to get me hooked up to my Blackberry Curve phone.  Why mess up a good thing when you have such a helping and resourceful contact in the first place, so it was George I needed to see.  While I hung out with George as he did the set up and connected my phone to the Bell Network, Susanne went across the way to the Reitmans Store to put in some time.  It wasn't long after we were both together and on our way to the Zellers store, as I had a fantastic savings coupon for Outerwear.My friend, Vicki, had directed me towards the Zeller's Facebook page where they had posted a coupon this week, on top of the already Sale prices in their weekly flyer.Susanne and I were really not planning on buying anything for ourselves, but wanted to check out what was available ..... you know the old saying, "curiosity killed the cat", well these two felines weren't going to let that happen !We could NOT believe the savings to be had !!!  Alfred Sung, CR, Tower London Fog brands all for 30-50% off the regular prices.  Then with a two for one savings coupon !!!!  Well do the math .......
"This is the Tower London Fog jacket I purchased.  The regular price was $139.00, less 50%.  Susanne bought another coat, a different and dressy style for a price just a bit less.  The lesser price coat was absolutely "free".  After sale price and taxes, it worked out we each paid $40.00 for two coats for a total savings of over $200.00 !!!  Wowsers, I could not believe I pulled of such a great savings, as I usually miss out on these deals, and only hear of them being out there ..... a "sweet" deal it was for the both of us."I am totally tickled pink, purple, orange and all colours of the rainbow.  This sale runs until this Thursday the 15th of December, and the coupon can be found on Zeller's Facebook page, on the right hand sidebar heading of Festive Finale."This is what the coupon looks like to be printed off."

After our fantastic "high" of saving so much money, we headed over to the Walmart store where we picked up some more "stuff" necessary for our everyday living needs, such as dog food for Susanne's dog, and Walnuts in the shell for my Rob.  Staples to keep everyone happy !

We finally made it back into Wiarton about 5:00 pm, where I dropped Susanne off at her vehicle, so we could each head back home to our respective homes and loved ones.  Wow what a great afternoon it was !!!

Supper was easy as there was leftover Cabbage Roll Casserole and Cauliflower to be heated up.

"Just a few short weeks ago, I had given each of our grandsons, Paul and Holly's boys, Aiden and Connor, and Sarah's boys, Chase and Greyson, a Gingerbread Cookie Kit."


The photos are in from Aiden and Connor's creations ......

 "By the looks of things it appears they were having some fun making the Gingerbread Cookies.  I am really impressed with how creative they both are, as I am sure they have put both their grandparents to shame in the creativity department.   Nice job boys !"

I recently spoke with Sarah, who is having Computer issues at the moment, as we all have had from time to time ourselves, but told me no worries as she will be emailing us pictures of Chase and Greyson's Gingerbread cookie creations when she is able.  I can't wait to get them !

Thank goodness for computers and digital cameras, otherwise we would miss out on so much .... this part of technology of keeping close with our families is part and parcel I am all for.

"Oops, almost forgot the Santa Claus pictures were received too !  Wow, good thing Santa didn't get lost in that huge chair he is perched upon with an even bigger Christmas tree behind him.  Aiden to the left, with our family "ham", Connor, to the right."


I don't have to just learn how to use my new Blackberry phone, I need to learn how to print these photos off on the 4x6 photo paper I have in my possession.  Oh man, more learning ????  My weary brain will be on overload again before I know it !

It was great shopping and savings day, as well as an opening of email photos all had in my Adventure of Yesterday.

Today so far has been one of rain and dampness when Mercedes and I ventured out our door at an early morning hour.  I am sure my Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy isn't going to be able to give me any sunshine today.


My suspicions were correct, as I do NOT even see an ounce of Yellow in this picture whatsoever.

Keep the Spirit though, as .....



Happy Tuesday, December the 13th to All, and to All a Good Day, as I head towards a new adventure in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. What great deals,you frugal shopper!
    The pics of the boys are great ,Christmas is so much fun for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great deal on those coats....

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...