Wednesday 20 January 2016

A Good Chuckle

This week is National Non-Smoking Week.  To all out there who have "kicked" the habit, a huge CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

I quit smoking 7 years ago on the 24rd of April.  Rob quit a year ago.  I am thankful we both quit as it is not easy being a quitter (you would not know this my dear friend, Brenda, as you are NOT a quitter....hahahaha).

More on this by *clicking* HERE.

My Auntie send me a funny email today, so here I thought I would share the laugh with everyone else....

65 Years Ago. This is PRICELESS .............
A little old lady from Wisconsin had worked in and around her family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk, with hours of hard work and little compensation.
When canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores in the 1940s, she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best slogan.
The producers wanted a rhyme beginning with 'Carnation Milk is best of all.'
She thought to herself, I know everything there is to know about milk and dairy farms. I can do this! She sent in her entry, and several weeks later, a black car pulled up in front of her house.
A large man got out, knocked on her door and said, "Ma'am, The president of Carnation milk absolutely LOVED Your entry.....So much, in fact, that we are here to award you $1,000 even though we will not be able to use it for our advertisements!"
He did, however, have one printed up to hang on his office Wall.
(Here it is:)


I needed a good chuckle today .... thanks Auntie Gladys.

I made an awesome Shepherd's Pie from Moose Meat for our dinner this evening.  It was something I had not made in awhile, and it had been very much enjoyed by both Rob and myself.

I must be feeling better, as I did up all the dishes after dinner, and I even forced myself to take Portia out for a walk around downtown today.  It had been a pretty good day in the right direction of healing.  This makes me very happy.

Don't forget for some cute photos from time to time check out The Checkerboard Aussies on Facebook by *clicking* HERE.  Did I mention we will be expecting puppies on or about the 9th of March? of course I did *smile*.

For this day, this is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. That is a good joke!

    I've never picked up the habit of smoking, aside from the occasional cigar with a poker game, and that's been years since the last one. My brother, on the other hand, smokes a pack a day, and he'll never quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is hilarious! My mother was into writing jingles and I remember one time as a kid she won a TV!! It was the most excitement ever! I'm a quitter I'm happy to say :) it's been 13 years!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...