Wednesday 11 January 2012

Is Bruce County Being "Tricked" Into A January Date With Spring?

I can not believe it is the 11th of January, with temperatures I am sure now up into the double digits here as time quickly approaches the hour of 2:00 p.m. ...... oh dear, I really hope this is not the "calm" before a "huge" storm approaching.

Last night The Weather Network did post a link on Facebook stating a storm front was moving in last night and would be here today; wonder where that front got itself of to, as it surely is not anywhere around here to be seen so far today.



 "This photo was taken when I was out this morning with Bandit and Lexus around the 9:00 am hour, with the sun starting its rise up from the East slowly making its way over to the Southern skies."





"When outside I was wondering if this guy is ever going to have any snow to accompany him throughout the next few weeks, or not, before Spring descends upon us?"


 "Remnants of last years nesting still seemingly secured to its branch.  I do wonder if the birds reuse the nests left from prior years?"




"Ahhhh, and here are two of my most favorite "pooches" in the Whole Wide World.  I couldn't believe they took time out from romping with each other to actually stop alongside each other to do a "sniff out" inquiry together .... lol."


I had received a phone call yesterday afternoon, that the book "The Help", which earlier in December I had put in a request for at the Wiarton Library, was available for me to pickup.  Rob was so kind enough, before our Dinner time, to zip me down there  to pick it up, as I really didn't want to go back on the waiting list for it.  What a better time then now to start reading it ???

"The "borrowing" time is still a two week limit, so I am hoping I can get through this by then, otherwise it has to go back in the required two weeks time, and I have to go back on the "list" to wait a turn in order to finish it.  This is a new goal for me to accomplish within the next two weeks, to GET THIS BOOK READ !"


Since we were downtown anyway, Rob was also so kind enough to go around to the Rankin Trading Post Store so I could pick up my new 2012 Lang Calendar.

"The one I choose this year was The Lang "Vintage Designs", as the yellows compliment the yellow of my kitchen wall.  A Lang Calendar has always been a "treat" to me every New Year.  The picture is a little glarey as there is so much sun coming in the window, however this poor little Snowman still needs some "snow", as does the one outside, to make him feel comfortable (but really not too much I would say would be quite enough)."


I had planned on making my Auntie Gerry's recipe for Parmesan Chicken today for dinner:

Easy Chicken Parmesan Chicken

6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1. Dip in a mixture of 2 tsp water, Salt/Pepper & 2 eggs
2. Dip in mixture of 1 cup bread crumbs & 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Spray baking dish ( I used a small roaster)

3. Place chicken, after dipping in egg & crumbs into baking dish. Cover with mozzarella slices & 1 - 213 ml tin tomato sauce (1 cup) (I used flavored tomato sauce)

4. Bake @ 350 covered for 1/2 hour or longer; uncover and continue baking until cheese melt


Unfortunately the chicken had not thawed enough, so I had to compromise by quickly putting together a Green Onion, Cremini Mushroom, and Marble Cheddar Cheese Omelet for our Dinner.


"I got it all going and had it "whipped" up and plated in no time, so Dinner was still still served by the hour of 1:00 pm. for us."


I am so fortunate to have such considerate "wonderful" family members; so thoughtful in their cares and worries for me ....

"My Auntie Gladys has to be one of the most considerate thoughtful women I have know in my life; receiving this "get well" card and "note" from her was just what my heart needed to read yesterday ."


"... and I am ever so grateful to my dear Cousin Paula, who dropped around this "gift" for me between my doors when I was down at my most sickest between Christmas and the New Year.  Kindness and loving all rolled up into one lovely "bundle" !"

s

The blessings of one's Family and Friends.  I cannot say how many blessings I have coming from all directions. Blessed I am and thankful as well ..... and then not to mention what a "great" husband I have to compliment it right down to an every day, and "most" always, loving feeling.  

Without coming off too mushy, Rob and I do have our ups and downs, but always seem to pull through them, "right side up and together", which is the foundation of all importance ~ togetherness ~ .

I think I have behaved myself not too badly today.  I only folded the load of laundry we had done yesterday, did up a few dishes after making our Dinner, and had the "little" trip downtown for the couple of errands.

I am well ready to put up my feet and open up the book,  "The Help", right here and now, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...