Monday 30 January 2012

Fork Tender, Mouth Watering, Oh So Good !!!

This morning was pretty unproductive around here once the "pack" and I arose from our slumber and finished our usual morning routines.  It was the Quarterly and Year End for the "Crabby Cabbie", and the Bookkeeper was arriving at 9:30 am..

Good thing Rob got up not too long after us, as there was a schedule Hydro shut-off from 9:00-12:00, I had forgotten about, so we managed to have the kettle boiled and one coffee each into us before it went out and I remembered.  All was not lost, as Rob got the woodstove fired up "full heat", where he boiled a pot of water on there for one more coffee each !

In the meantime, I had everything organized, prepared and all set out for the Bookkeeper's arrival (or so I had thought I had).

Arrive she did, with it not being long for us to get settled in and down to the order of business at hand.  First off the dang calculator we had was sticking and would not work right.  The other one we had, I had just thrown into the garbage Saturday as it had stopped working.  Off Rob went downtown to purchase another one.

He wasn't too long in going and coming back, bringing along with him two different calculators.  Good plan to have his back covered, just incase the purchase of only one didn't work our right, with him having to make another trip downtown to buy yet another.  Nice that guy of mine has his "smart" hat on somedays !

There were a couple things I didn't have just right the past three months on the books, however nothing taking to much to put "right" again.  The bookkeeper said, "no worries", that eventually it will all come together for me the more I do them.  Huh, really?  I most certainly hope it does eventually, lol !  or maybe not ?

It was all said and done within an hour, which I thought pretty dang good.  The bookkeeper left; Rob and I took a trip downtown to our bank and paid the Taxman his HST.  Now everything is ready for when we get the appointment from the Account to do the Business/Personal Income Taxes.  I can "chew" my fingernails off when it gets closer to that time I suppose, why bother with worrying myself  over it now ... lol.

Rob and I never got back home from downtown until after the lunch hour.  We had ourselves a Banana Muffin and a coffee each for our lunch.  Rob's day off, so we are having our main meal at the Supper hour today, which brings me to the point that it will be leftovers today, as we had lots leftover from our "Fork Tender, Mouth Watering, Oh So Good" supper we had last night.

It all began when I had been surfing through the Pinterest Boards last week, coming across this recipe for Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin.  I then posted the recipe to Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook.  My girlfriend, Vicki, who loves pork tenderloin, as does her husband, Doug, eyed the recipe pretty much right away and tried it out last Friday.  Well she most certainly "raved" about how good it was, and it being one of their favorites as the marinade was to "die" for.

Since I had a package of two pork tenderloin still in our freezer to be used up, I took them out Saturday to thaw.  Once thawed, into the prepared marinade they went to sit overnight in the fridge.

"The tenderloins pretty marinaded for at least a good 17 hours."


"Then it was time to sear them in Olive Oil for approximately 4 minutes or so before they went into the oven for another 20 minutes."


"Um um, my mouth was watering when Rob was slicing them after they had been cooked and sat 10 minutes to rest for all the juices to re-circulate."


"Baby Carrots, our own garden potatoes and Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin all ready to be consumed by ME !"


This recipe will be DEFINITELY going into my most favorite recipes, this is for certain !

Vicki had even told me she had used the marinade on the ribs they had on Saturday, with them turning out to be equally as amazing.  Has to be in the marinade !  Just incase someone else would like to try this recipe, here it is:


Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Recipe Courtesy of Kitchen Confidante

4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oi
2 pork tenderloins (about 1¼ pounds each)
2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)

Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great!

Grill preparation:

Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.

Oven preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.

Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.


A truly favorable "Fork Tender, Fork Tender, Oh So Good Meal" !

Recipes?  This brings me to Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook.  It is so exciting over there.  At least 20 new people have joined in the past week or so.  Members from all over the World !



Lots of great tried, tested and true recipes to be found on the exchange .... way too many for me to ever be able to get around to trying out all at once, as it will take me some time to get around to trying them all !

Oh, I have also noticed the past while some new people have joined up to Follow Me on my blog.  I am honoured and flattered.  I truly appreciate the interest others have taken in me.

I find it so interesting to learn and interact, on a personal level, with different people, from all over, of what is happening in their little corner of the World, whether it be reading someone else's blog, through a social network such as Facebook or Google, and/or by email.  Hopefully others are finding out and enjoying something about my little corner of the World, through my life and opinions I share.

Great thanks to all the family, friends and acquaintances who share their World with me and support my "blogging".

I am now going to finish up here, then head off to my Kitchen to oversee how the veggies are coming along for our supper of leftover Pork Tenderloin, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. that sounds yummy and looks good also.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely fabulous!! Yummy! Will be saving this recipe for sure!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great meal, I will be giving it a try really soon. Don't you just love having things from your garden over the winter? I ejoy my garden the most when winter sets in!! No weeding to be done just enjoy the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love pork and your recipe for the tenderloins sounds other-worldly good. I've bookmarked it and plan to give it a try very soon. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...