Sunday 8 January 2012

Christmas Dinner Photos Have Been Found !

I finally was able to go through the photos in my camera and come across the ones which I had taken of our December 24th Christmas Dinner that Rob & myself had together.





 "It all began at 6:00 am in the morning when this 22 lb frozen stuffed Butterball went into the oven."
"While our Christmas Bird was roasting along, little Missy Mercedes had been amusing herself with her new Christmas Toy."







"The "bird" was done by 1:00 pm, or so and all the trimmings complete with coleslaw and gravey were put all together."




"One of my two most favorite parts of a Turkey Dinner is the Turnip & Dressing ...... yum, yum, yum !"

"I am thinking this must have been the "kind" of day it was this day?"


This is the last meal I have cooked since .... my poor dear Rob, but by the same token I am sure he was happy it was such a big bird as it kept him fed quite a distance into the period of my sickness, thank goodness for him !

"This picture was taken of Missy Mercedes this morning.  I am thinking she is getting quite weary of me being sick and is so patiently awaiting for Rob to get up to give her and the rest of the "pack" some much needed attention, since I have been so lacking in this department of late."


It's been a grey overcast cold kind of day outside our windows and doors here today, with the woodstove fired up and giving off a nice warmth of heat.

Trying to keep rested to get well here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. that is so interesting that you have coleslaw with your Christmas lunch. We always have mashed carrots and turnips with our Christmas lunch as well.

    Glad to hear you're slowly improving,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see you have blogged with pics, that is such a good sign Cindy. Mercedes is so adorable, I so can't wait to meet her in person.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are on the mend and feeling better. Your Christmas meal sounds delicious. I'm glad that Mercedes was pleased with how the day went:-). Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...