Monday 18 June 2012

Ready For Some Home Routine

Off to my usual early start this morning at 6:00 am, with again another perfect report of the last "Spectacular Six" puppy, Scout, sleeping through yet another complete night.  Good puppies those "Checkerboard Aussies" are, I say .... lol.  I sure hope the other five new owner's are faring as well as we are here !

I made an early phone call just before 7:30 am this morning, to our Grandson, Chase.  He celebrated his 8th Birthday today.  The oldest of our four grandboys he is.  Wow three grandson's birthdays within days of each other, as Connor will be turning 5 on the 21st and Greyson will be 3 on the 30th of this month.  Holy smoly, it almost got away from me with so many happening all at once !


"Here I go making a pie for the second day in a row !  What a lucky gal I am to be invited out for Dinner two nights in a row.  Peach pie was the order for the day.  Into the oven it goes..."


"Next thing on the agenda was to load up and deliver the "extra" barbecue we were no longer using to a home that was in need of one."


"More "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle repairs needed still again in the way of a new battery to a tune of $125.00!  Oh man !!!!"


"Lunch time arrived.  I made us a favourite of ours which I had not made in some time.  Yummy, I can out do McDonalds Sausage McMuffins any old day !"


Not too much was accomplished this afternoon, other then a bit of "Crabby Cabbie" business and paperwork, then some one on one time with Lexus, Mercedes and then Buddy.  Buddy and I had a big walk about, then a few hugs and kisses back at the laundry stoop, wet ones I might add.

We had been invited out for Dinner, so North of the Checkerboard, we went ....

"The brilliant yellow of the Canola in the fields rolled on past us."


"The beauty of Georgian Bay with its juts of the escarpment appearing here and there."


"Finally we head on down the road to our destination."


"Here we are at the entrance way to Dyer's Bay."


"There is so a Summer time restaurant located in Dyer's Bay."


"A Government Dock and Boat Launch."


"Here we are at my Cousin Brad and Paula's cottage."


"Nestled close by is the cottage where my Uncle Jack and Aunt Mary Masterson, Brad's parents, resided for many years."



"The view off of Paula & Brad's back deck."


"The view of our Dinner table this evening .... oh man, Homemade Burgers and salad !  Right up our ally that is for sure !"


"Let me introduce you to Brad and Paula's "Afterthought"."


"How quaint and cozy is this, with all the luxuries of home with Satellite and Wifi."


"Not to mention a fully equipped kitchen."


"The colours of this room pull you right in ...."


"With lots more room in the secondary bedroom."



"A bathroom with room to move around in ... how nice."


Paula and Brad actually have two more weeks in July available for the rent of their "Afterthought".  Drop on by to the following link for full details on a guaranteed enjoyable weekend away at beautiful Dyer's Bay:

http://ourafterthought.masterson.ca/

I am telling you if I didn't already live at the Gateway to the Bruce Peninsula, I wouldn't hesitate about holidaying in this quaint roomy cottage within driving distance to lots of Escarpment trails and nature.

It has been very busy the past few days, with me starting to feel it pretty good, as weary I am so .... I am "ready for some Home Routine" pretty soon, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. I said it before but you live in such a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that peach pie looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...