Monday 25 June 2012

Please Do NOT Grow Now !

I am totally exhausted, feel like I have marbles in my mouth and my eyes are watering from yawning so much.  I ask myself, "Self, what would cause you to be so exhausted?' .... "self" answered saying, "well, where do I begin .... "

"The John Deere crapped out on us over 2 weeks ago .... just loaded up this morning to go to be repaired."


"In the meantime, there is all this lawn to be cut, which I just so happened to begin doing last Thursday.  Today there is still part of this center as well as part of the side at the house, and back around the garden."


Today was "four days" !  Four days of me cutting lawn in sections with many many breaks in between.  It might have been done yesterday morning, but no it had to rain all day yesterday.  Do you know what that rain did? it started the front lawn that I had cut last Thursday to growing again ..... OH MAN !!!  Please do NOT grow now until "Big Bad John" is fixed !!!!

Other then cutting lawn most of the day, I did manage to do one load of laundry to hang out on the clothes line, make our bed, do up some dishes and have our "Checkerboard Aussies" all rotated numerous times throughout the day.

"Not sure what Buddy was up to here, but it looked like he was going to "jump" right into the camera, does it not?"


"He was pretty good tied here watching me cut the lawn, as was Missy Mercedes when it was her turn, and Lexus as well.  Bandit just gets to come out usually, as he doesn't need babysat while I am tending to other things and too busy to watch."


With the John Deere all broken down, what on earth would I use to cut all this lawn that took me "four" days to do, you would ask?

"None other then this brand new gas push mower Rob bought me last year to do the little bit of lawn at the back of the house, not the whole darn 1 acre surrounding the house !"


"Oh the mail lady.  This was around the lunch hour with me not even half done what I had started out to do this day yet, in the way of "cutting" lawn."


After one of my many breaks, I even managed to do a little bit of weeding in a couple of the Flower beds.  Where on earth did I ever find the time to "squeeze" that in, never mind the energy !

"Ha !  Wasn't Bandit's turn to be out yet.  *Sad* face, no doubt he was pouting."


"Four days ..... can you imagine ????"


Oh yes, I also managed to draft a letter for the "Crabby Cabbie", return a phone call to my girlfriend, and do myself some damage while ...

"... knowing dang well long pants are to be worn while using the Whipper Snipper, did ya know???"


Rob worked today, otherwise usually his day off.  He was home in time to fire up the BBQ, doing an amazing job on grilling the Prime Rib Steak for our dinner, while I whipped up his favourite salad.

"Broccoli Salad with Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 Salad Dressing made from scratch.  Oh so "yummy"!"


Recipe please?


Photo Courtesy of Recipe Exchange Member~Cindy Masterson-Roth & Recipe~Reenie Gurr (my friend).

Broccoli Salad

Chop Broccoli (fine or otherwise)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup raisins
8-10 slices "crisp" bacon, broken up
sunflower seeds, unsalted

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
3 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar

Method:
Blend dressing & place in fridge the morning of, or evening before; prior to serving mix all ingredients together, blend in dressing & serve.

Depending on how large of salad you require, adjust ingredients and dressing accordingly.

**NOTE: Any leftover dressing can be kept in fridge a few days; also the broccoli stems can be peeled, then chopped to use in salad.




"I am not sure why I snapped this photo today.  Maybe just "because"?"


Once supper was over with, I took Bandit outside to clip his nails.  Rob then came out after to help me clip Buddy's nails, then we gave him a really good brushing out ... such handsome boys we have.

I am "exhausted", never mind the hurting.  Dishes still waiting to be done in the kitchen sink, while longing for a nice hot soak in the tub, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Naughty girl! put your pants on! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, no wonder you're tired - that's a lot of mowing! I hope your rider gets fixed soon.

    Virna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lucky you didn't get hurt badly with the weed eater, long pants and shoes next time!!! Good luck on getting your mower fixed, may need to purchase a goat if its not done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cindy, you are a trooper girl!! Truthfully, I don't think i'd have even attempted it! lol! Your poor leg! :( Hope it heals fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're tired? I am exhausted just reading your post lol!!! Hope the leg is okay Cindy - as Debby says - long trousers and shoes next time, although I strimmed yesterday in sandals! xx

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...