Tuesday 5 June 2012

Just One Of Those Kind of Days

Dry skin is a very "huge" issue with me.  Anyone would be able to tell from how many "different" brands of moisturizers are around our home.  I have noticed, more so as I have aged, my skin appears also to be thinner.  

"Once my hands get too dried out the "cracks" set in.  We all know how painful a wee paper cut can be at times?  these cuts surpass that pain at times."


"The only thing I have found to ever, and very quickly, heal these types of dry splits on my hands is this home remedy made by our local "McKenzie's Pharmacy".  The really cool thing about this, is it is a recipe from a Pharmacist originally from Kitchener, ON, where I resided for over 25 years.  Small World, keeps getting smaller and smaller some days.  Regardless, this cream is amazing, with closing the wound within at least 2 days of applying the cream !"


"So began my day .... is that sky not amazing in itself?"


"The Red-winged Blackbirds are never far away from giving their company in the early hours of the morn."


"There are surely many, many mornings I so desire to have this much energy, especially before I have even had the chance for a "first" cup of coffee."


My "Crabby Cabbie" got called out on a Hospital Lab run in the wee hours of the morning.  I tried my darnedest to be as quiet as I could to leave him to try and regain some much needed sleep.

Once everyone was in, out, around and about for the first time, I did up the few dishes remaining from the evening before, then swept up a dog and a half of hair from the floors.  This was as quiet as I could possibly be.  Rob eventually did get up, with the two of us heading towards downtown to get a couple of errands done, right after him first having his coffee.

"Rob's day wasn't exactly going the way I am sure he wanted it to go, as there was a constant leaky tire on the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle he had to get changed today."


"I am sure the look on my face was quite one of surprise when Rob came in with this package for me that had been dropped off by a UPS delivery truck.  Not quite mail via post, but pretty darn exciting just the same."


"Was I ever surprised to see this Cuisinart Kitchen knife enclosed within the delivered package."


Long before Christmas, so long before both neither Rob and I could remember, I had phone Cuisinart to explain to them one of their knifes I had purchased from Canadian Tire had been very quickly to "pit".  Their Customer Service Rep, as I remember, was very kind saying they would send out a replacement knife to me .... as I had mentioned, this was months ago,  but they were good to their word !  Not exactly the knife I had, but I am not one to look a "gift horse in the mouth".

Since Rob was having a really tired, crappy kind of day himself, as I thought myself also to be having, I thought I could at least cheer him up by making him his favorite muffin.  I got right on it, only to have ....

"... the whole canister of sugar, which I had just refilled by the way, tip over on me  all over the counter top.  Oh man !"


Regardless of the spilled sugar, I got that cleaned up then took myself outside to enjoy a bit of the weather while the muffins were baking.

"The front flower beds have really started filling in after the 3 days of rain we had."


"I am still patiently checking if the peonies have yet bloomed, in among the Solomon's Seal now it is finished for this Season."


"The Johnson's Geranium has begun to bloom."


"The Best Ever Banana Muffins from the Muffin Mania recipe book, did make Rob a little bit happier this day.  They really are the best !"


Recipe please?

Recipe & Photo Submitted by Recipe Exchange Member~Cindy Masterson-Roth
Recipe Source: Muffin Mania

Best Ever Banana Muffins

2 c. mashed bananas (4-5 med.)
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. melted butter or margerine
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour

Mash bananas. Add sugar and slightly beaten egg; add the melted butter; add dry ingredients.

Fill greased muffin cups and Bake at 375* F for 20 minutes (or longer depending on Oven).

Yields:  9 large muffins

I had an errand to do done in Port Elgin today, so before heading out to do that we gave Lexus and Mercedes a big romp outside together.

"They both had to sit first before getting the "go ahead" to go out through the door.  Missy Mercedes is still pretty forgetful at times about this requirement.  She did manage, noted with a smile on her face, to do so after being told the 2nd time around."


"The girls had a total "blast" together.  Mission accomplished, as I am certain they were both pooped out after their romp together."



"Awww .... sad little faces trying to see what all the fun was about on the other side of the gate."


Rob and I did our running around together down in Port Elgin.  Once done, he stayed to put on his "Crabby Cabbie" hat, while I headed on home through Allenford to pick some rhubarb at my Cousin Vi's in-laws, then drop around to my friend, Caroline's at the Evergreen B&B to share with her.

"Rhubarb for Caroline, and the rocker chair was what I had picked up for my Cousin Paula in my travels to Port Elgin and back."


Caroline and I did manage to have a little bit of visit together.  I even got to see their new veggie patch they had put in.

"I am very envious since ours is not even in as of yet.  Is this not a lovely specimen of a garden in the beginning?"


Caroline and I said our good-byes, as I still had to stop in town to go to the bank and the local Foodland Store as they had 2 lb. clam shell containers of blueberries on for $3.97, before making my way back home.

"Home and unpacking the blueberries .... not as messy to clean up as the sugar was earlier this day.  Oh man, just one of those kind of days."


"I did finally manage to sit down at the table to enjoy the salad I had put together for myself.    *Sigh*."


The Sun is still shining, it is only just after 8 pm, with lots of light to do my end of the evening in, out and about with our "pack", and get the "Spectacular Six" puppies into their bed for the night, so I can call it a night myself, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. My chair looks great! You are the best cousin ever for picking it up for me today in between all your other chores for the day. I so appreciate it Cindy. I made the same muffins on the weekend, it is the best recipe ever... I make them and freeze them individually so we have breakfast in the mornings. Love the puppy pics. Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw the crabbie cabbie vehicle heading to Port Elgin while on my mail run. I was heading the opposite direction in the hopes of ending my day early. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it really was one of those days...At least, you got some yummy muffins for a treat :) Are you sure your skin problem is not eczema?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have dry skin too especially in the winter time.

    Peonies are my favourite!!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...