Sunday 3 June 2012

I Think A Cold Is Trying To Break Through

"I do LOVE this song done by Cat Stevens ..... "


... my morning did break here "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard", however it began with another rainy one.

It is not fun dealing with four dogs and six puppies in such weather .... after three days in a row, it gets rather tedious after awhile.  I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning, never mind go out in the rain !!!  I am dedicated though, and what do dedicated people do?  They go do what they have to do then go back to bed for another half hour, before arising for a second time to begin their day !  LOL

Once I did get everyone organized, moved in, out, around, about and fed, my niece arrived for a visit along with her "big" baby ....

"....and by "big", I do mean "big" !  This is my doggie niece, Pixi.  Pixi is an Cane Corso Mastiff, running about 125 pounds I would think?  Thank goodness she is a "big" suck as well."


My niece not only came to visit, she took over .....

"Not really, just getting all her stuff organized before utilizing my PC, as she is in-between her house closing and needed to get some things done.  It is much easier using a larger computer screen then trying to do "stuff" on a cell phone size screen."


We had a pretty nice day hanging out together, adding Rob into the mix once he got up around 11:00 pm to join us.  I really don't know what their problem was, but neither one wanted to cooperate about getting their picture taken today.  What was up with that??? ... LOL, so this is the reason for the "shortage" of photos today !

I managed to throw together Slow Cooker Beef Stew for today's Dinner.

"Carrots, onions, celery, sirloin steak, Montreal Steak Spices, Beef Broth, a little Worcestershire sauce and Soya .... "


"Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 !  Loved it."


Who loves Rhubarb?  I do, I do ... pick me !!!  One of Cindy's Recipe Exchange Members, shared a photo and recipe of a Rhubarb Custard she had made today.  I not only LOVE Rhubarb, but LOVE Custard as well.  I could not resist sharing it, and can NOT wait until I get to try it myself ....

"Does this not look absolutely "heavenly"?"


Recipe please?

Rhubarb Custard Dessert


Base:
2 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar
cut in 1 cup of butter
Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20 mins


Filling:
2 c sugar
1/3 c flour
1 tsp salt
Whisk in 6 beaten egg yolks
1 c whipping cream or half and half
Then add 5 c sliced rhubarb
Pour over base and bake at 350 x 50-60 mins


Meringue:
Beat 6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 c sugar
Make in your usual meringue method, when stiff peaks add 1 tsp vanilla


Spread over hot filling and bake 12-15 mins until browned.


Delicious served when warm.


Thanks to Lorrie for sharing this with Cindy's Recipe Exchange.  Should anyone else get to "try it out", please let me know as I would love to hear your thoughts on it?


I truly think the weather had finally taken its toll on me, as I really am not feeling too well at all, with sniffles, fatigue, and a that "funny" feeling one gets in the head when a cold or something is ready to attack !  


It is almost 8:00 pm, here at the moment.  I am going to take everyone, in, out, around and about, have a very hot bath for myself, then call it an early evening with hopes to what I am feeling leaves me with a good night's sleep, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Cool and damp her - can't make up its mind if its going to rain or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy!! That dog is huge & outweighs me by 5lbs!!! lol!! I hope she's a gentle giant!! lol! Your recipes always look sooo good! I'd weigh 300lbs if I had you to cook for me!! ;) Hope you wake up feeling better! Time to double up on the fruits & veggies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that song! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...