Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Father's Day To All The Wonderful Fathers

I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. 
I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. 
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. 
I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. 
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame. 
Your memory is a keepsake from which I’ll never part. 
God has you in His arms, I have you in my heart.

 (Thank you to the Author, who is Unknown to me)

~ To My Father, "Fritz" Harold Edwin Masterson, Sept 8, 1921 - June, 21 1981 ~



"Rob received a Father's Day card from our boy, Paul, his Holly and the grandboys, Aiden and Connor.  The inside said, "it must run in the Family", lol.  Notice the Tim Horton's Gift Card, our kids do know us!"



My dear "Crabby Cabbie" never arrived home until 4:30 am, so Father's Day morning he was left to sleep, as I tried to be as quiet as I could be, as well as trying to keep our "pack" as quiet as possible.

The little Red Merle girl puppy had her very first night, alone without any of her litter mates, in the crate.  I put her to bed at the usual 9 pm bedtime.  She howled for only about 10 minutes, with me not hearing a further "peep" out of her until 6:00 am this morning.  She should be off to a good start before her new family comes to collect her this Friday.

We were invited out to Dinner at my Auntie Gladys and Uncle Basil's tonight, so making a pie was the order of the day.

"Since it was Father's Day, and since Lemon Meringue is Rob's favorite, this is what was made ready to be taken along."


Since the little Red Merle girl was such a good girl, and so longing for her litter mates, I thought maybe a little romp with Mama would make her feel a little better.

"They both had their "thirst" on before things got going."


"Mother and Daughter."


"Let the fun begin."


 "I was impressed how well those little legs kept up with her Mama's."



"Watch it, here I come !"


"Our "Checkerboard Aussie" puppies have all been a picture of health and cuteness."


"I didn't want playtime to stop ...."


"Just after the 11:00 am hour, my dear Rob rose for the day ... he is so terribly tired.  My dear man does work so hard."


Rob hadn't been up for too long before the "Crabby Cabbie" phone rang with a call for him to do a hospital run between the Southampton to the Owen Sound Hospital.  Since we had barely seen much of each other the past few days, along I went for the ride.

"Heading to Owen Sound, I was thinking with the heavy rain showers on and off all day, I wouldn't have wanted to be out on our Honda this day."


"Pulling in to the Owen Sound Hospital, the Helicopter was landed on the pad.  I think this is the closest I have ever been to a Helicopter."


"I waited in the "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle while Rob ran in to do the drop off."


While we were in Owen Sound, we took advantage by dropping into the Giant Tiger Store to take back a couple pair of Capris I had gotten for my Mother which hadn't worked out.  We were also able to restock on our Half & Half Cream, a much needed luxury required for our coffee.  Home again we returned before we left for Port Elgin for our Dinner invite.

"The flower beds are flourishing with the rains we have been having."



"My other Clematis Vine had many blooms on it this day.  They are so beautiful with rain drops cradled within its pedals .... "


By the time I showered and readied myself, Rob took all the "pack" in, out, around and about, it was time to head out for Dinner.

"The torrents of rain were crazy almost the whole drive from home until we got to the other side of Sauble Beach."


"Here we stopped at Hi-Berry Farm, located between Southampton and Port Elgin on Hwy. 21, as I wanted to pickup a little something to take along for the Auntie."


"Hi-Berry's own grown, as is all their produce, strawberries.  Notice the empty spot?  It is in Rob's hand already to take up to the check out ... lol."


We arrived at the Auntie and Uncles, to have ourselves a wonderful visit before we sat down to our Dinner.

"The table had been set, with the salads added, just awaiting us and the main course."


"Here is Uncle with the main course of Pork Tenderloin in hand, which completed the meal along with the Homemade Potato, Macaroni, Jelly Salad, Pickle Tray and fresh sliced Baguette."


The Lemon Meringue Pie afterwards completed an the "perfect" Dinner we four all enjoyed together .... I ate just enough to feel totally "comfortable" !

"On our way home, along Hwy 21 just coming into Southampton we had a number of "splats" on our windshield, five splats to be exact.  OMG, what was in that tree we passed under, a whole family of birds relieving themselves all at once?????  It sure seemed that way to us !"


Rob made a detour into the Car Wash before we proceeded home to Wiarton.

By the time we got home, had everyone settled in for the evening, with me just getting set down to do this blog post, the "Crabby Cabbie" phone rang with my man having to take off for yet another Hospital run ....

It was a great day, despite the torrents of rain, spent with Rob and family members.  I look forward to a good night's rest and a new day on the horizon of tomorrow, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your sweet last of the litter puppy is so cute, hate to see them all go. The flower bed is really lovely, I could sit all day and watch the flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, send some rain our way!!We have 100F lately, and my garden doesn't really like it :( Your desserts are always amazing...mmm...

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...