Sunday 26 February 2012

Spending Spending Spending Always Needing Something !

Before I start with my today, I need to finish my Yesterday.  I forgot, until just before bedtime last night, that yesterday on my way home I had stopped downtown at the Wiarton Salvation Army.  The last Saturday of every month they had a "Bag" day sale for all you can fill for $4.00.  I didn't fill a bag, but I did make an "awesome" score ...

"I added the scarf to the ensemble, but a Quilted jacket, Top, and a Pair of  "Bum" Jeans for four bucks, how could I go wrong?"



This morning was a very typical start for myself and the "pack"  ....

"You want me to come where?  over there with you?"


"Which way is that?"


"The snow is rather deep where the Composter is at the edge of the Garden."


"Here comes Lexus barreling around the Barrel !"



"As usual, the girl has the "upper" hand Paw in the situation."


Today is my friend, Sharon's Birthday, who I walk with every opportunity we get.  I transplanted a Jade plant into a colourful little pot I had bought last week, and got a couple of little books together for a Birthday Gift.

"I managed to swing around to her house this morning before she left for Church to surprise her.  I love surprising people and putting a *smile* on their faces.  Surprised she was!"


Sharon texted me after she had arrived back home from Church.  She was having a wonderful day, as a Birthday should be.

Once I had returned back home, it wasn't too long before Rob woke up.  Our tractor is in need of Hydraulic Fluid so Rob can use the bucket to clean the snow from our driveway.  We needed to make a trip today to Owen Sound to the TSC Store to make a purchase of some.

"We took the scenic route into Owen Sound today, entering through the "back" door."


I am sure when Rob has his "Crabby Cabbie" hat on, we never have time to go anywhere shopping.  This can be a "good" thing, as our day ended up costing us something around the $250.00 mark !

I had first been at our Foodland store this morning to pickup a few grocery items we needed for approximately $50.00.  The TSC store was a total of $75.00.  I needed some black ink for my printer, and my PC's mouse gave up the ghost yesterday, so Staples was a whopping $114.00.  Then to Giant Tiger for some Yogurt, Half & Half Creamer, and some batteries was another $50.00.

"Nothing state of the art in the way of a Mouse, and the ink was only black, could you imagine if I would have also bought coloured ink too what the cost would have been?"


"I suppose I did go a little overboard at the Giant Tiger Store, as I treated myself to some "Eggies" which I have hearing so much about and wanting to try myself.  They were $8.97."


Crazy when you think about how much time and effort goes into making a "buck", then in almost in a "blink" of an eye it is gone !  I really don't know where the saying, "easy come, easy go", came from, as it is more like "hard come by, easy go", is it not?  I don't know how some people get by, as I don't think we bought anything that was too "frivolous" at all (with the exception of the Eggies).  There is always spending, spending and more spending ... this will never end !  LOL, unless we bring back the "barter" system, would that be so bad?  Oh yes then there would probably be more arguing, arguing, arguing ....lol, always something.

I am absolutely thrilled today with how many New Members have joined Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook lately.  A total of eighteen (18) within the past couple of days, bringing membership up to 158 Members.  How exciting is that ???

I can't wait to see what new recipes will be posted from everyone ... the Recipe of the Month for February was a recipe I had posted.  This recipe has been raved about by many, with some even making it a couple of times this past month.  Here it is:


Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Recipe Courtesy of Kitchen Confidante

4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (about 1¼ pounds each)
2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)

Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great!

Grill preparation:

Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.

Oven preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.

Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.


This recipe is not only easy, it is so GOOD !!!  I would also recommend marinading overnight, but from morning would suffice as well.  Delectable it is .... yummy.


Other then the fact it was rather an expensive day, Rob and I enjoyed our day together.

I put together a Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker this morning, so I am now off to thicken it and fill our bowls for Supper, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. That jacket is so cute!! I know what you mean about spending, last month was really good this month, not so much! What a sweet surprise for your friend, I love giving little goodies when they are not expected. Nothing better than treating special ladies in our lives. Have a great week, enjoy that new printer ink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice score at Salvation Army! And I have to try your recipe soon. It sounds like my kind of recipe-easy and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...