Wednesday 29 February 2012

Happy Leap Year To Those Who Are All Still So Young !

Another seven years has gone by .... let's see this year my sister, Donna's husband, Wayne, turned 16 years old today.  Um, does that mean he has been drinking and driving illegally all these years?  How does this happen?  LOL  I am sure there are lots of teasing goes on towards "Leap Year" Babies.

Today marks the day of the death of Davy Jones of the Band, The Monkeys.  I remember so well watching their show on TV and listening to ....

Hey, hey, we're the monkees
And people say we monkey around,
But we're too busy singing, 
To put anybody down.

Davy Jones dies of Heart Attack at 66 years of age.  More at the following link:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/davy-jones-dead-monkees/?icid=maing-grid10%7chtmlws-main-bb%7cdl2%7csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D139477#.T06N_Yf2bKg

"I just now sat down with a cup of Green Tea in my cup I received from a lovely friend of my Aunties, placed upon the handmade "Mug Rug" I won from Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily.  I scored pretty "big" this month I would think.  Yes, that would be a "nose" stuck in the photo."



"A dog's life in this household, seems to be 100% pretty darn good by the looks of little Missy Mercedes here, would anyone not think?"


Yes, definitely wanting myself one of those "Dog's Lifes" !!!  Note to Self:  "Self come back as a dog in your next life."  LOL

Today was a pretty usual Wednesday around here.

I never did get the bathroom cleaned last night, however I did clean the foyer.  It got vacuumed and the floor washed, as well as the stairs going down to it.  Thankfully I was finished before 8:00 pm so I was able to watch one of my favorite shows, the American Idol !!!  YAY !

Onto the humdrum of my Wednesday which consisted of my whole morning being spent ...


".... doing the "dreaded" deed of the "Crabby Cabbie" books.   How did I get nominated for this job anyway?  I am still really not too sure how this happened."


Seriously I did not get them done until 12 noon.  *Phew*, sure glad that is off my plate for the time being.

Since I didn't get the bathroom cleaned last night, it had to be done today.  Also since Wednesday is the day for our bedroom to be vacuumed and dusted, that was done too.

All this book work and cleaning completely ate up my whole day !!!

Oh man, I hate when this happens, as I so wanted to try out a new Soup Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar, that I had come across at Kevin's Closet Cooking.  Darn, darn, and triple darn, it seems this will just  have to wait for another day.

Then there is the usual in and out with the "pack" going on in between everything else I do in a day, as anyone well knows.

How could I forget the "Pie" ???  I had made a pie crust yesterday which never got filled, so of course that too had to be done ....

"Rob's new favorite, Key Lime Pie, next to Lemon.  Once I am done here, it should be cool enough to put the meringue on."


.... and just think, It's Already Wednesday !



I had never heard of "Freya" before yesterday.  I actually like her music.  I will have to do another search to see if there are any other songs of hers out there I might also enjoy.

I don't know what is going on with the Weather in the rest of Ontario, but we have a fierce East wind going on here on the Bruce Peninsula, with a mixture of rain and snow all day.  At the moment is is snowing and blowing like crazy out there.  I just pray it doesn't turn to "freezing rain", as it is bad enough without my "Crabby Cabbie" being out in worse.

I am pretty sure that Key Lime Pie is now cool enough to make the meringue for now.  Once again, I am off and running, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. OMG, how cute is that dog nose!!! LOVE the mug rug, I won one from Carla as well, can't wait to get my hands on it. We are having crazy weather here also, 70 degrees and storms coming in, my head is killing me so work was very slow today!! Your pie looks so good, we are not big fans of Key Lime pie, more of a chocolate family!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the nose is the best :) Looks like you had a busy morning.I was busy all morning too working on budgets and bills, and stuff.Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big points for you doing all that housework and I admire your schedule. Here's mine:
    1. Dust the TV when you can't see the picture anymore.
    2. Vacuum what the dog won't eat. Or don't feed the dog.
    3. That's it.

    I love all your cute knick-knacks... the smiling kitty almost steals the show from that delectable looking pie.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...