Thursday, 16 February 2012
The Versatile Blogger Award
Dear Lena of Frugal and Thankful, who has just recently been following my daily goings on, has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you Lena for this Award, I am so honoured to receive it, as well as honoured to know I have inspired you. Your kind words have been taken to "heart".
The rules of the prize are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the reward
2. Link back that person
3. Select blogs that you've recently discovered (and think deserve it) and nominate them
4. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I find it not so easy to tell seven things about myself when it is put to me, but I will give it my best shot.
1) Just before my teen years I worked at a Horseback Riding Stable in the Town of Southampton where I grew up. While sitting on a young horse it reared up and fell backwards on me. This was quite the experience. Fortunately I walked away uninjured. I don't think I would be so lucky should this happen to me now.
2) In, almost 52 years, I have never broke a bone in my body. I surely hope by mentioning this now I haven't jinxed myself for any future incidents.
3) Since a very young age I have always had the desire to travel to Europe. The strongest desire has been to go to Australia. I have a Facebook Penpal, Jiba May, Kelly, who I went to Grade School with, and just recently made the acquaintance of John, all living in Australia, so hopefully this is a sign I am getting closer to my desires becoming reality some day.
4) I used to fish and catch Sunfish at a very young age off the banks of the Saugeen River with friends, whose dog we used to feed those boney fish to. Right at the location of where the old bridge was. I also swam half way across the mouth of the Saugeen River, becoming scared and swimming back. LOL, I could have just kept going and been to the other side at that rate ! I still LOVE to fish, however I am not very fond of swimming.
5) I absolutely do NOT like to sew, even buttons. I can knit scarves, but never have remembered how to "cast off", always having my Mom or sister, Donna, show me, or even do it for me at times. I can crochet an Afghan, however haven't done so for years.
6) I didn't get my Driver's License until I was 23 years old. Boy oh boy what a big mistake that would have been if I hadn't gotten a License, as anyone who knows me, surely knows I hate being "grounded". It is the "cabin fever" syndrome I am sure ... lol.
7) I used to work for an Insurance Broker in Kitchener, Ontario who had a contract for a Lloyd's of London Book of Business. I was their Lloyd's of London Underwriter for Homeowner and Automobile insurance.
There, I don't suppose that went too badly, now did it ?
Here are three (3) blogs I have recently discovered and follow. Each one has gained my interest and inspired me each in their own different and unique way. I therefore pass on the "Versatile Blogger Award" to each of the following:
Now back to my today .... it was VON SMART exercise program this morning, bringing me back home just before the noon hour.
Once home there was laundry to fold, our bedroom to dust/vacuum, and today was the day I was packaging up and freezing the Chicken Broth.
"These 2lb (907g) containers I use to freeze what I make in, hold 4 cups, which happens to be the perfect amount for the two of us."
"With what I didn't freeze, I put together a Chicken Noodle soup so my "Crabby Cabbie" would have something hot to take along in his lunches the next couple of days."
The remainder of the afternoon was spent doing errands downtown. You know, those things that "have" to be done like banking, picking up a couple loved ones a Birthday Card (which I do enjoy doing), buying another heavy duty Clothes Horse for drying our clothes on (I couldn't turn down another at the sale price of $28.00 Home Hardware has them on for this week), and a trip to the Foodland store to return a Litre of Half & Half Creamer that had soured before its best before date.
That was all good for well over a hour of my time, because of course I had ran into a couple people I knew who I had to talk to.
Since my "Crabby Cabbie" is working (almost) around the clock, I will be serving myself up a supper of Homemade Chicken Noodle soup tonight. Thursday? The Big Bang Theory will have a new episode on tonight. I LOVE the Big Bang Theory, so I definitely don't want to miss watching tonight.
This was pretty much my day in a "nutshell". I am off and running hopefully towards getting myself a bowl of Chicken Noodle soup ready for my supper, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".