Wednesday 14 September 2011

Brrrr....Did That Air Feel Like Snow ????

I could not believe it last night when I was outside having some fun with Lexus and Bandit, before our respective bedtimes, on how cool it was !  The air not only felt cool, but had that smell to it that brings that dirty four letter word "snow" along with it .... I am definitely NOT ready for any of that stuff yet.

We don't even have our wood split and ready to go yet ....  how will we ever keep warm if that "snow" business starts before its designated Season of Winter? Oh I guess I would have to use that thing on the wall called a thermostat and turn on the high efficiency propane furnace we had purchased from and had installed by Fast Freddy two years ago, and which has only been used a couple of times in the past two years..... lol, I prefer the heat from our woodstoves quite personally, however it is nice to know there is back up if ever need be.

I have no problem layering my clothes either, so be it if it gets too cold before we have our wood split, brought in and piled.  It has only been sitting there for the past year in the field behind the house all chunked and ready to go, but then there is finding the time in our busy schedules this past Summer to get to it.  The joys of having your own 30 acres of bush is that it is conveniently accessible, but there is that little business of finding the time to get at it.  The pressure of cooler weather is on, so maybe it will be an upcoming project very shortly.

On going through my Facebook page, at some point yesterday, I came upon a status posted by one of my friends there that caught my eye....

Hi Lord, it's me again. We’re getting older and things are getting bad here. People are losing love and respect for others. No jobs. Gas, food & utility costs are too high. I know some have taken you out of our schools, government & even Christmas, but Lord I'm asking you to come back & re-bless Canada and America. We really need you! There are more of us who want you here than those who don't!  If you agree repost.

I did not hesitate and reposted to my status right away.  In my opinion there is so much truth in this to the point where I have begun to now fear for our grandchildren.  Are they being taught love and respect, I should hope so and I do believe so, however what about all the other children out there that are not. 

Where is Faith and Hope being taught in our Countries, as I don't think it is being taught in our schools any longer.  Hope that we will be better in all we do, and Faith that we will have the love and support from our families and Countrymen to get us there .....  where has that all gone to?

Just my thoughts and my opinions that I thought I would like to share ....

I am so happy that I managed to finish the remainder of the bushel of tomatoes yesterday !  Hooray for me !!! 

"From mess.....



"....to rest."

One bushel yielded 14 Quarts of stewed tomatoes, a handful for eating purposes, a small thermos for Rob's supper, with only about 10 ended up in the compost, $5.00 well invested I would say.

The rest of my yesterday, after I cleaned up from the tomato mess, was spent not doing too much of anything.  I was ready for my bed at 7:00 p.m., but between the phone calls and Bandit and Lexus needing to be taken out, that didn't happen.

I had best be getting on with checking out the weather for the day ahead, as I need to get my day "kick started" here very shortly.....

Today:

Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h late this morning. High 18. UV index 4 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 8.


Okay that weather forecast isn't going to effect the inside things I would like to accomplish today.

Here I go running forward into a new day ahead, however I had best be getting dressed before I run too far into it, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. Me got honorable mention again today. Glad you like the status, I borrowed it from another friend and it is so true. Its been a Cindy day here today, just had my shower and hopefully relax for the rest off the night. Its 630pm here now. I worked from 830am to 130pm, took Mother to Drs, went to drugstore, baked two dozen raisin buns and took a dozen to one off my clients. Fried fresh fish for supper with potatoes and some off Jeanne's beets that she sent up to me. Heathen Woman will be glad to go away next Friday for a fun filled weekend but no rest. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...