Friday 17 June 2011

Revolving Door Weekend Ahead ~ Bring On The Sunshine Bruce County!

Company is arriving "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard" today, so I am hoping the weather is going to be great for us to enjoy Barbecued Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Salad & Homemade Strawberry Pie out on the deck at suppertime.  Personally if the weather wasn't nice, I could skip all of it, stay inside & eat the pie !  Um, wonder if I would have to share with the others?   LOL

Here is is barely just after 6:00 a.m. and I am thinking "pie"?  I suppose I am, since I have to get it made sometime today........


Today:


Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. High 24 except 20 along the lakeshore. UV index 9 or very high.


Tonight:


Clearing. Low 13.


Thank you Wiarton Airport, the forecast is looking real good; keep it going for the 'whole' weekend, will ya?

I am hoping for the weather to be awesome for the whole weekend through, as Doug & Vicki are arriving today, the Annual Chi-Cheemaun Festival is tomorrow, my niece and her friend will be here for Sunday lunch (another pie to make I suppose, lol), and my cousin, Paula, her daughter, Erin & Boston will be visiting on their way home from the cottage Sunday (oh no, does that mean more pie?).  So I really would like the weather to be nice for all concerned, as well as everyone else in Bruce County too!

"Phew" I had a busy day here yesterday by the time I made the bed, to hanging out with my brother for a little bit, to folding laundry, cleaning our bedroom, and spending time at my Dr.'s office for my allergy shot, until the time I got home to make supper, clean up, spend time with my dogs (that is everyday, throughout the day, by the way, lol), with the Grand Final' being......

"Tomatoes"


"Zucchini"



Thanks Rob & Bruce County weather for finally coming through for me !!!  It is a start, and maybe sometime today the trenches for the potatoes can be done for them to be put in, along with some seeds for bush beans, beets, and radish.  We are cutting back on a few things this year, since Rob couldn't work the garden until recently, due to all the wet weather we have had.

The other night when I was just laying in bed with my own thoughts, into the wee hours of the morning, the moon was so brilliant it almost was lighting up the whole room.

"Almost a full moon".


Quite the bright spot within the blackness, is it not?

Now that we are on the 'brink' of summer, the time we spend outdoors in the sun can naturally bring out the highlights in our hair.  If one was to go to a hairdresser to pay for highlights, I am thinking it would be at a cost somewhere around $80.00 now a days.  I came across a recent Old Farmer's Almanac's article on how we can use Rhubarb, not only to make desserts with, but to lighten your hair as well.  Here is the link to this article:

http://www.almanac.com/blog/natural-health-home-tips/lighten-your-hair-rhubarb

Other then the sun, I don't if there is a more natural way to lighten your hair, at a fraction of the cost, and even less if you have your own rhubarb growing in your backyard.  I would love to hear any feedback should anyone who reads my blog give this method a try?

Apparently the leave a "comment" feature has not been working on "blogger.com", so should anyone like to leave any input/comments please feel free to do so at justnorthofwiarton@live.ca

I do appreciate the comments I have also been receiving from friends and family on Facebook as well, and actually have been looking forward them.  Thanks everyone !

Here I sit, once again, awake early, and feeling like I am running late already with so much to do in my day ahead.  Oh I must not forget, Zoey has an appointment with Lisa to get her hair cut this morning.

"Zoey The Moppet".


Ain't she "sweet"?  LOL, after her haircut today trust me she won't look one bit as she looks here in this picture I took of her two days ago.....but she will be cooler for the summer !

I think I had better get the kettle going and get myself another boost of caffeine to ready myself to tackle the day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...