Monday 5 October 2015

What A Surprise !

All my chores done this morning and I get a phone call from my Son, Paul-James.  He wanted to know what I was doing today? well I was doing what I do every day, "always something".

What a surprise ! as he said, "I am coming up to spend the day with you, Mom".  This was the first ever since he has been out on his own at 18 years old.

Paul arrived just after 10 am..

We had a great day together, first going out for lunch, coming home to hang together and watch some TV, and then late afternoon we headed on up with a Tim Horton's coffee and donut to visit Grandma, who also was surprised.


Mom had also been happy I had brought her watch back with a new battery in it.  She had sure missed her watch as she had to watch for when the other lady left to go down for meals to know when to go herself.  Meal time will be punctual by her own watch once again.

Dinnertime had been easy, as we had ordered Pizza.  Rob was being his usual "funny" self.
Boy oh boy it had been some time since the 3 of us had been around the dinner table together, and really it felt pretty nice.


Not too long after dinner my boy packed up some things I had for him to take home, and headed down the road.  I will see them all after Thanksgiving, hopefully going down on Halloween.

He said, "NO photos Mom", but he knows Mom ALWAYS takes photos.


I have all the puppy chores done, with only the adults to be out and back in yet for the night, then it is time to settle in front of the TV for when The Voice comes on at 8 pm.

For this day this is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is a wonderful surprise. I am sure Mom and Grandma are both going to remember this for a long time. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...