Tuesday 23 June 2015

Getting There

Hopefully tonight will be better in the sleep department however still I must admit last night was much better then the previous evenings as I woke at 3 am instead of 2 am.

I also had more energy this morning then yesterday.  I got the bedroom and bathroom tidied, the bathtub cleaned and even treated myself to a shower.  We also headed over to the garage to pickup our one van from getting an oil change and muffler fixed.

Like myself lately, everything has been going slow, however slow we are getting there ...

The Gazebo has a solid floor with an outdoor carpet and the furniture there, however not yet set up.  The old set is the white wicker, and the new set we just purchased is the darker "wicker look".  I am itching to get it all "just so" but that will come in time I hope so I can enjoy it this Summer.


This afternoon brought an onslaught of fatigue with it.  I had to crash for a couple of hours on the couch.  This is so unlike me to be doing this on a daily basis, and I am finding it very frustrating.

Late this afternoon I sent a text to my friend, Lynn, who agreed she would go for a walk with me.  I had to force myself to go just because I know I have to somehow keep moving.  It is much easier to have someone to walk with as the time flies by and helps take the mind off the pain and fatigue.

I decided to take the "problem child", Portia with us today.  It is funny as since we first got her we had set her on the floor in front of me on the passenger side.  A year later and she still gets in and stays on the floor ... it sure works for us.


I have 70 more steps to go yet today to make it to my daily goal of 10,000 steps.  I am confident I can get that many in hopefully before bedtime.

This evening I took some time to read more on Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  Knowledge is strength, but still sometimes I get discouraged from what I read.

Like any Chronic illness, a good support system is imparitive.  I have a couple very good family members, and friends, who have been very solid for me.  I sound like a broken record day after day, however for some reason speaking about the pain does for some reason give some mental relief.

This I can relate too, more then I care to admit:

Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis & Fibromyalgia

Both RA and FMS can make your life extremely difficult and limit how functional you can be. By finding and following a treatment/management regimen, you may be able to preserve your functionality and independence.
Because both conditions can lead to depression and isolation, it's important for you to have a support system. Keep lines of communication open with your doctor and the people you're close to, and get early help if you think you're becoming depressed. Support groups -- both online and in your community -- may be a big help to you, too.
The above information was taken from HERE.  I can't express how important it is to have support, as I have been feeling to the point of giving up and keeping to myself lately as I hate the "mess my life and home have become" because of the pain and fatigue, however I realize that is not a solution and push myself forward every day.
There have been many times in the past when I kept so much to myself which in itself was harmful.  The part of it all which bothers me is I hate been a "pain" to others with my "pain", but I guess that is why goodness, kindness and support from others go hand in hand, and hopefully I give of myself back to those who also have a need.  Silence is not always the healthiest choice, even though it can be the wisest at times, especially where husbands are concerned ... hehehe.
I am very proud of myself as I have said, "no" to something I was asked to volunteer time to next week, so that for me is a very big start.
Wow where did this day go? other then sleeping 2 hours of it away, as it is already almost 8 pm.  Here is to a good night's sleep and a productive day ahead tomorrow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. My mother had arthritis for many years. It is a difficult condition to have.

    Portia looks much too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portia is indeed a sweetie.....glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...