Tuesday 19 July 2016

Happy Weekend

This past weekend had been a happy weekend for us as we had our youngest son, Paul, his wife, Liz, and our grandchildren, Josh, Aiden, Chloe, Briar & Connor arrive on our doorstep late Saturday afternoon.

Once they had arrived we had a bit of bbq'd hamburgers, along with potato salad, then headed on out for some fun at Berford Lake.

It only took me about 6 photos to finally get Paul to *smile*.  The kids all loved exploring the shoreline as well as swimming.


Josh was in his glory catching crayfish of all sizes !


We must not forget Missy Mercedes, who also had a fun weekend with us.


Sunday morning we at some more fun at Wiarton's Bluewater Park, then had lunch before the "family" headed back to their own home.  Thank goodness they have a van ! however I still think they could also use one of those car top carriers .... to stuff even more into.


We always love having the grandkids come up for a visit.  This is the first time they have been up since Christmas.  Rob's daughter and her two boys will be coming up soon to a cottage close by they have rented.  Hopefully we will be able to spend some "quality" time with them while they are here.

I got started back this morning on my early morning walks.  I usually head out just before 6 am.  Nice and quiet at that time in the morning.

The scenery is forever changing looking out across Colpoy's Bay.  I try to get a different photo each day.


After walking this morning I spent the day doing the usual morning routine, then adding to the day by cutting the lawn and pulling some twitch grass out of my flowerbed (lots more still to pull, dang stuff).  Other then that is has pretty much been a mundane kind of day here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of Paul and Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting some awesome photos on your early morning jaunts. It's a view you'll never get tired of. Such a nice family time - glad the weather was good!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...