Monday 26 January 2015

Out The Door Early

I must admit I didn't wake up until at least 4 am this morning.  Happy I got a bit more sleep then usual as I was out the door early at 7:30 am, as I had a meeting at 8:00 am.  It seemed to take forever to scrape the ice off the van, and by the time I stopped in at our bank my butt still hadn't warmed up, never mind the van.

I love mornings ....

Shortly after 8 this morning overlooking Colpoy's Bay down at Wiarton's Bluewater Park.  The clouds looked like Mountains looming over the Bay.


Once we were over our meeting at the Chamber Office I headed home to 5 very hungry puppies, and four Aussies wanting me to take them out.  All was done in order of the starvin' Marvin puppies first. They are all double trouble now as they are so alert and on the go.  When I go into the pen their little tails actually wag to see me as they now relate to me as a food and cuddle source.

Rob had been busy himself this morning, however got home by lunch time to have a little one on one time with myself and our Buddy boy.  Today was Buddy's 3rd Birthday.

Buddy will have been with us 2 years this upcoming Mother's Day, and I must say it took awhile but he has truly grown on us in his own special way.  I would miss him should we not have him with us.  He is part of our lives and routine as much as Lexus and Bandit were ever, and truly has a very loving nature.

Not only the one on one time with us, he also had a couple "extra" treats today.


This afternoon brought a couple of more errands just flying by me like the wind.  I can't believe the Wiarton Willie Festival and Groundhog day is upon us in the week ahead.

Should you be in Wiarton or not, you can always contact the Wiarton Chamber of Commerce for any information pertaining to the Festival as ...

The past few weeks, leading up to and the actually Festival Weekend the WDCC office is Central Wiarton Willie Headquarters located at 402 William Street, Wiarton ON  PH:  519-534-4545


Check our their website for all things Wiarton Willie and Wiarton by *clicking* HERE.  I heard the weather is suppose to be great this weekend I heard, however cold so get those long johns on !

Truly it is a fantastic festival with lots to do for everyone.  A couple of my favourites are the Pancake Breakfast at St. John's United Church and the Wiarton District Optimist Club's Fancy Tea.

The Optimist Club is a fantastic club whose volunteers work hard at raising money to support activities and such for the benefit of Children.  Some of the funds from the Fancy Tea will be going towards the Pioneer Kid's Club Program to Send a Kid to Camp.

Don't forget your Fancy Hat, as there will be Prizes !


The puppies are requiring more feedings, having first started out with one, then two and now today I will add the third meal to their schedule.

I also need to get off my chest another matter of how some people criticize other people who volunteer their time.  Truly should these same people think they might do better, then please step on up to the plate !  At the time I had been stewing over this my friend, Sharon, had called me from Florida for a chat, and thank you Sharon your call couldn't have came at a better time to make me feel better.  Friends can be plentiful, however TRUE friends are something to be valued, especially the ones who respect we are each individuals and have our own opinions.

I am off, but truly not running, to wait on those five very very cute Aussie Puppies, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

**DISCLOSURE:  ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS WITHIN THE TEXT OF MY BLOG POSTS ARE MY OWN AND NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY GROUPS OR PERSON(S) I MIGHT BELONG TO OR VOLUNTEER FOR.  

6 comments:

  1. 4am.?
    Bloody hell....how much sleep do you gave generally?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy is such an adorable fellow! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a bit more sleep! Although I haven't been criticized for my volunteering, I do get on occasion, "why?" "Why work for nothing?" It is so much more than money, it is the satisfaction of helping!
    Hugs,
    Deb (who cannot sleep either)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I'm going to read that you've had eight hours Cindy....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am praying some day I will be writing that I got 8 hours, dear Em xx

      Delete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...