Monday 25 August 2014

Dinosaurs, Reptiles & Amphitheatre

Today started with the purpose of getting Rob a new lazy boy chair, as his old one of 16 years gave up the ghost.  I had found a leather recliner rocker in excellent used condition on Kijij that had been at Thompson's Furniture in Paisley on consignment.

The boys and I picked up Pari and headed on down to Paisley at 10 am to get Poppa a new Lazy Boy chair for a great Cash & Carry price.  Yes it passed the "comfort" test when we got it out of the van a 1/2 hour ago.


After picking up the chair we headed into Southampton for a bite of lunch at Tim Hortons.  I never usually take my receipt after I pay when I am asked, but today for some reason I did take it.  Good thing I had as they charged me for a Medium Mocha when I had ordered a Small, and charged me for a small coffee that I had not even ordered, but not even got.  That was good for an overcharge of $2 and change.  I suppose it pays to keep an eye on your receipts.

Once we were done with lunch we headed on over to the Bruce County Museum.

The original museum was the old School that my sister Jeanne and brother Allan had gone to, as well as my parent.  The new edition of the museum had been added on much much later.  Today was the last day for the "up & close" experience with live reptiles, and the Dinosaur Exhibit was also still on.


First stop was to see the Dinosaur Exhibit.  Aiden did a video game, and they both uncovered some dinosaur bones.


Next stop was the Ship and Cannon demonstration.  That had been fun !


Right after at 1 pm Reptile were live !  that was fun as we got to see Snakes and Lizard.


The boys got to touch 2 different kinds of snakes and 2 lizards.


Outside we did a look about of the one room school house.  Pari pretended she was the School Marm.  Aiden and Connor checked out the very very long wood box of the wood stove.


The Museum backs onto Fairy Lake.  The snapping turtles were out sunning themselves.  A common sight for me growing up in Southampton.


Next stop was the Amphitheatre at Saugeen First Nations.  We all enjoyed the walk.


Over looking the Saugeen River.  Beautiful views always.


We finally got home at 4:30 after a long eventful day.  Dinner was Grilled Steak and veggies.  Dessert was popcicles.

Can I say, "tired"? of course I can and the boys haven't even began to wind down yet, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...