Friday 15 August 2014

A Great Find !

This morning was really a tough one for me.  I am so tired, and really I had a very very difficult time to drag myself out of bed, which is normally unusual for me.  Needless to say I really really needed a coffee this morning.

I had a few errands to run out and about downtown Wiarton this morning, and just happened to come across a Yard Sale where I made a $6.00 total purchase for 3 items.  What a great find, or so I thought.

My wicker rocker was in need of something durable to cover over the springs in it.  I found an old, but like brand new, plasticised seat cushion.  I don't think I had seen one of these since I had been very young and lived at home with my parents, and that is some time ago now.  I left it fold it down and it works PERFECT for exactly what I wanted it for.


I love when I find something that works out so perfectly, don't you?  I had also got a lovely huge ceramic outdoor planter, and a Toro Leaf Blower, as we really need one with the Maple Tree at our side deck.  Total for all three items was $6.00 !!!  Yay me !!!

I didn't get home until before lunch, then had to return downtown to the Wiarton Farmer's Market, and do another quick errand while I had been down there.  Any excuse to go visit my friend Abby at the Market every Friday you know.

I did manage to get my bed and my dishes done up yet again today, but really not too much more then that was accomplished.  I sat, almost drifting off, on the couch for a bit this afternoon, in between in and out with the Aussies.

My poor Rob was called out on an out-of-town trip so he will probably be home very very late and be also tired still tomorrow from it all.

I am hoping to get laundry done, my floors down and a few other things done tomorrow.  My intentions always start out good, so wish me luck, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. I quite like that wicker rocker, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't get the point of leaf blowers. The next wind comes along and blows the leaves right back again....unless you bag them up? I've seen folks just blow the leaves out into the gutters and let the fates decide where they end up.
    I LOVE your wicker chair. I'd love to have one or a set.
    I'm off to a wedding party tomorrow. (The actual wedding was a couple of weeks ago). Lets hope for some brighter weather. This grey wet stuff is getting us all down. Even Momma Jamma our wild turkey is dragging her tail feathers. I found a bunch laying around when I took the compost out this evening.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...