Thursday 17 July 2014

Grand Kids 101

I was awake at 2:30 am, but my day really didn't get going until 8:30 am when I set out to do 5 km today.  5 km I didn't have to do by myself as it was spend with five kids & a dog.  

Grand Kids 101 !!!  and Missy Mercedes.

Lunch & drinks packed in the cooler bag and off we went down the street to the Arbortum  where all five kids headed off to their most favourite tree, while Missy Mercedes enjoyed life under another tree close by, while I looked on.


Josh, Chloe, Aiden, Briar & Connor, doing what they do best ... having fun !


I love when I get photos of the Grand Kids when they are unaware I am taking their picture.


After some tree time, we headed towards downtown New Hamburg to the Old Feed Mill site beside the Nith River.

We had the perfect weather day.


Tree climbing and walking took lots of energy so we had an early lunch.  After peanut butter jam sandwiches, veggie sticks, cookies and a drink we headed down by the river where a la' natural food was made by pulling "seaweed" from the river or other natural substances from its surroundings.  Some river a la carte anybody???


The photos say it all, do they not?


On our trek home when crossing back over the bridge we happily came across Mr. Blue Heron.  He was seemingly as curious about us as we were about him.


We had an amazing four hours spent together out and about town today.  I was so fortunate Josh was with us, as he was such a champ giving everyone rides in the wagon the whole way there and back.  The last street heading home Chloe and Aiden actually gave Josh a ride back to the house.  I was happy I brought the red wagon along with me as it came in very handy for the two 7 year olds, Briar and Connor.

I headed back home today at 3:30 pm, arriving back home at 6:00 pm.  I was way too tired to even think about making Dinner, so Rob and I grabbed a quick sandwich down at Tim Hortons.

I am pretty tired but every moment spent Grand Kids 101 the past 24 hours was well worth it.  Hopefully tonight I will get a full night's sleep, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day!

    That mill wheel really draws my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...