Friday 31 January 2014

Happy Birthday Forever Soulmate !

It has been nasty for me in the sleep department per usual.  It was 3 am I was up this morning, which makes for a long day.  What made it worse was a Migraine Headache.  What makes it even worse is knowing another storm front will be following along shortly.  I need a break from daily headaches, and we need a break from snow.  

Today was a very special day.  Today was my Forever Soul mate, Rob's Birthday !!!


First thing at 6 am  I had coffee and a Birthday Card ready for him.


Rob left early, and me? I was feeling ill with the Migraine that the Axert, migraine medication, hadn't even began to touch.  I still had to make the icing for his Birthday Cake, so I tried to get going on that.

I was making my Auntie's recipe for Shiny Icing.


I got off to an awful start by putting the water in then adding the corn starch.  Where was my head this day? obviously not attached.  I finally got it straight by sifting all the dry together then gradually adding the hot water while whisking.


I got 'r done.


Recipe please?  FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE PLEASE *CLICK* HERE.

I was to go downtown to take photos of the Wiarton's Got Talent for 1:00 pm.  I had our driver, John, pick me up as I didn't trust myself to drive feeling the way I was.  We stopped to pickup my neighbour who also had to go downtown.  When I went in to collect her I could not believe my eyes when she had pointed up by her door.  Was I ever happy I had my camera with me !!!

He didn't barely blink an eye the whole time I was observing him and taking photos.  Truly I was thrilled to have seen this little guy up close and personal.  Wouldn't you have been?


The Petro Canada Gas Station had ran out of fuel, but around lunch time the truck had arrived to fill the tanks.  A lot of people were certainly happy about this.  Our road is STILL closed going North of the Checkerboard.


I never did stay downtown to take photos as I felt too ill and had to leave.  This afternoon was spent doing nothing.  Dinner was easy for me by the time my Birthday Boy arrived home, leftovers from last night had been just as delish.

My Forever Guy, LOVED his Fudge Ribbon Cake.  It was a huge Birthday success, and another favourite to add to my collection.



Recipe please?  FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE PLEASE *CLICK* HERE.

I was happy my hubby was happy, and despite having to work on his Birthday, he really had a good one.

I really am feeling quite ill, so I am going to call it a wrap and head off to my bed, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

8 comments:

  1. I'd have been beside myself with excitement seeing the owl!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a real treat to see that owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Rob . Cake looks YUMMY ! Oh that is an amazing owl looks like a horned owl great photos . Yup snow or rain for us down here tomorrow depending on the temps . Hope you feel better and get a good nights sleep . Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. This is a busy weekend for Wiarton. Hope you are able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little owl! Hope you're feeling better. Happy Birthday to Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see that owl! When we lived in Missouri there were woods behind the house. One night we could hear two owls calling to each other. It was really something to experience.

    You are so sweet to have coffee made for the birthday guy. And that cake looks so good!

    Thanks for sharing, Cindy. Hope you are doing well and belated birthday wishes for Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I check your blogs daily. Your story-telling style is witty,
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...