Sunday 12 January 2014

Happy Birthday Aunt Gladys

I am still not feeling up to par it seems.  I still do not know where these dizzy spells are coming from, unless my Blood Pressure is a little lower then it should be, however last Monday it was good at 120/82 (think I have the number right???), which I think is pretty good for a gal that does not take meds for Blood Pressure.  I will check it out when downtown at the drug store tomorrow.

Since I have been feeling sluggish the past couple of days that means I haven't been that productive either, making me more like a bump on a stump then ever.

My Auntie Gladys' Birthday is coming up this Wednesday.  Today was the only day that we could drop down to see her, and since we had picked Uncle up an Albert Weber Summer Sausage the last trip down to Kitchener-Waterloo, today was the day we thought we would deliver it.  When I called to make sure they would be home this afternoon, we scoffed ourselves an invite for Dinner too.  I would never turn down an invite out for Dinner, and never never if it came from my Auntie !

I told her I would bring dessert.

Once I had set the jar of Honey in a pan of hot water to liquefy it, I got going on a Honey (Pecan) Walnut Pie.  This would be the 2nd time I made this totally delish Pie I had found in last month's Canadian Living Magazine .. it is definitely worth making and truly if I made it, that means it is a very Easy Peasy to do recipe.


Rob and I decided we would go down to Port Elgin mid-afternoon as there had been a few things I had wanted to pickup at the Walmart Store there, so we had head down South just after 2 pm.  Once our shopping was done, we headed over to my Auntie and Uncle's home.

Aunt Gladys had also invited her friend, Liz, for Dinner.  We all had a bit of a visit before Dinner was ready to be served.

Auntie seemed very pleased with the Garden Rain Gauge we had gotten her for her Birthday, as well as the Mix & Match Napkins for next Christmas.  She had also had some old photos and family history of the Mastersons from my Grandma Masterson (her & my father, Fritz's Mom) we got to looking at.  The paper she was holding up to explain to Liz was a letter from my Grandmother's Sister to my Grandmother in 1916.  This same sister had passed away at the very young age of 27 years in 1918.  History captures my attention, even more so when it is my own family.  Both my Parent's families were from German descent, my Paternal Grandmother a Koenig, and my Maternal Grandfather a Lehman.  Me?  I am a certified Heinz 57 Kanuck.


Dinner did get underway and was totally Out of this World amazing, as always.  Stuffed Pork Tenderloin my Uncle did, Scalloped Potatoes, Ginger Glazed Carrots & Mini Brussel Sprouts that my Auntie prepared, and a lovely fresh Kale Salad that Liz had brought along.  Dessert of course I had brought.  


Thank you Auntie and Uncle, we both enjoyed ourselves once again at your gracious bountiful Dinner table.  Have a very Happy Birthday this January 15th !!!!

I am very tired with a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, so I think I will now call it a night here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Auntie Gladys! Gladys is such a great name. So sad it's gone out of fashion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Happy Birthday to your aunt!

    It's been much too long since I've had scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...