Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas !


Last night we must have been a bit bored, so our dear Bandit Boy was, once again, at our mercy ...


Then my Dear Rob is always a good sport to play along .....


Both Rob and I didn't seem to sleep too bad last night.  It was night Rob didn't "have" to get up until he wanted to this morning, but really it was at 7:00 am.  Me? around my usual before 6:00 am.  It was a pretty relaxing morning for both of us with no "Crabby Cabbie" thoughts lurking in our heads.

Rob unwrapped his gift from me.  He loves clocks, so there is now another one added to his collection.  I am pretty certain we have 5 clocks in our Living/Dining rooms now.  The sky first thing this morning held hope of a gorgeous day ahead full of Sunshine.  It was barely out when it left never to be seen for the rest of this day.  It has been cold, crisp & grey, with the odd flurry of snow here and there.


After Rob had opened his gift from me, he plunked down a bag beside me.  Really Rob, you had to use the same bag and wrapping I had down your gift up in?  You are wayyyy to funny some days.  Rob had gotten me a little Cannon Point & Shoot Camera, so I would have something to carry in my purse (more portable) with me.  I checked some specs and comparisons on-line about this Camera, http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/products?m=gp&pid=24367#_020, finding that the Nikon Coolpix S9500 rated higher in the reviews.  We are going to take the one he got me to see if we can change it up to the Nikon.  If anyone has any input on either Point & Shoot camera, please let me know.  Truly I  hate making choices, and when spending money I hope to make the right one.

I broke the bread for the dressing this morning, then was getting ready for Rob and I to go up to see Mom, when Rob's phone rang.  He had to go out on a call.  Rob went his way, and I went mine after putting together a few Christmas baked good for Mom.

Getting off the elevator on Mom's floor, I ran into my Great Nephew Riley.  He was just headed out to the car to get Grandma a card that had been left behind.  Since I had my hands full he helped me down to Mom's room, after I put on a mask.  My brother, Allan was with Mom when I got to her room.

Mom's eyes light up when she opened the Cookie tin.  Allan, Nancy & Riley had gotten Mom the coolest lantern.  This lantern is on a timer, and they had set it to come on at 4 pm and to go off at 10 pm.  Very very pretty too, isn't it?  I gave Mom a gift and card from my Sister Jeanne & her husband Cecil as well, before giving her the "big" bag I had put her stuff in from Rob and I.  She got 2 more "collectible" bears, a 5 generation framed photo of my sister Jeanne, her daughter, Joanne, Joanne's daughter, Michelle and her daughter, Deja, and herself.  I also gave her a framed photo of herself with us four kids, Jeanne, Allan, Donna & myself.  I think she was pretty happy despite her not being able to come out for Christmas Day since her floor was under Flu Quarantine.


I got a photo of Allan, Riley & Mom, then Riley took a picture of myself, Allan & Mom (he did pretty good).  Trust me we were happy to take off those dang masks; not only were they hot, it was hard for me to breath with it one (I am certain we weren't suppose to take them off, so please don't' tell anyone.  They had been on until it was picture time.  *smile*).


Rob got home shortly after I had around the noon hour.  He hasn't been called out the rest of the day, so it has been kind of nice.  He did manage to go out and put the snow blower on the tractor, and I did get a load of laundry in the washer (cheap hydro day on Holidays you know).

We were planning on having an early Turkey Dinner, however it looks like we won't be eating now until around 6:00 pm.  That is okay, as we really aren't following a schedule today.

Santa was very good to both of us this Christmas, and thanks to my Auntie, we have been under his watchful eye.


We had a few phone calls today, and of course there were lots of Merry Christmas Greetings on Facebook.  Paul has the boys today until tomorrow at his and Liz's house, so I was able to talk to them for a little bit today too.  We will be having our Christmas Dinner with them on the 5th of January, so I will be praying until then that the weather will be good that day.

Rob & I both sincerely hope everyone had themselves a lovely Christmas, along with being totally "stuffed" with Turkey.  Blessings from Our Home to Yours.

I think I best be putting the potatoes on to boil, as that Turkey is starting to smell like "done" here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to relax at least a little! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Cindy & Rob! :) Ed said for point & shoots, when he was researching his, Sony & Panasonic's are great!!! Maybe something else to look into? Let us know what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good Christmas.

    Poor Bandit!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...